How can you spot an über-Witness?

by dgp 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• dgp
    dgp

Thanks to all who have taken the time and trouble to give an opinion. This is interesting.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Nod at every 3rd sentence spoken from the stage

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If you have those matching engraved leather covers for the song book and Bible that are made in Mexico and those clear plastic holders for the house to house record slips and time slips...you might be a uber-witness

If your a siser that still wears 1980's "Golden Girls" type calf length flowered dresses with padded shoulders and little white collars, flat white pointed pumps and that "Wall O Bangs" hair-do with the bangs standing up in front and the hair in back either in one big braid or hanging down like you forgot to comb it, ...you might be a uber-witness.

If you wear your Assembly lapel badge a week before the assembly and or in public places before or during the assembly....you might be a uber-witness.

If your necktie is made out of the same material as your wife and daughters assembly dresses...you might be a uber-witness.

If you drive around with the watchtower in the back window of your car or with the letters YHWH on the bumper so other witnesses will notice and honk and wave to you....you might be a uber-witness.

If in normal conversation you use terms like, "thus far", "in view of the foregoing", "repetition for emphasis" and "thought provoking"...or end a letter with "agape" instead of " With Love"....you might be a uber-witness.

If you have the daily text and or the Hall cleaning schedule posted on your fridge....you might be a uber-witness.

If you have throw pillows on your couch that match each of the different colors of the publications including the mud brown bound volumes that you keep in your livingroom "library" I'm afraid you might be a uber-witness.

If your alarm wakes you up at 6am, you hit the snooze button and it goes off again at 6:07 and you immediately think about the fall of Babylon...you might be a uber-witness.

If you're sitting around talking with friends and you absentmindedly raise your hand to make a comment...well you get the idea.

• still thinking
    still thinking

If they use the words...."young ones"....."interestingly"....."marriage mate"....in normal conversation...they are more than likely...well you know...

• the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

1. Crazy smile

2. Don't wear jeans

3. Have lots of stories of how big J gave them a car or a house to continue pioneering, keep telling everyone, are disappointed when you have a similar story as a non-elder or non-pioneer

4. Keep a magic-marked copy of the revelations book nearby when people visit so they can keep convincing the 'flock' that Armageddon is really near this time..

5. When they comment at the meeting they always try to work in a reference to the spirit-directed organization, the FDS or the GB

• ambersun
    ambersun

A young JW couple arriving on their honeymoon and making it a priority to search for the local Kingdom Hall so they won't have to miss any meetings while they are away from home.

I kid you not, this happens

• notformeandmyhousehold
    notformeandmyhousehold

I don't have anything to add except to say that I'm dying laughing here! These are great!

• luna2
    luna2

I knew a couple of uber-dubs once, the man I even worked for. He was probably an anomoly, though, because he was completely blind to his own faults...to the point that he probably turned more people away from the WTS than he ever brought in. He was all bluster and looking at other people's faults. Always ready to jump right in with (in his mind) constructive crticism. When I knew him he was first to volunteer for any job that would allow him to sit on his rear end and "supervise". He was not someone who like physical labor, but he pretended to be a hard worker.

The women I knew who were uber dubs, were extreme; extremely unfashionable, extreme even about bathing (once a week), acted like they felt they should be elders (made their own rules about talking to the disfellowshipped, made it their business to counsel other sisters about how much they got out in service, how they should be pioneering, their meeting attendance, their children's behavior, etc...), always made long, involved comments at meetings, had plenty to say about what other dubs should or should not be doing. One of them would watch "questionable" television shows or movies (always at home so she could fast forward through those parts she thought were objectionable)...somehow it was okay for her, though she would criticize others for doing the same thing.

Mostly what I noticed with the extreme ego on them and what hypocrites they became. Pioneer School seemed to bring out the worst in these people. They began to feel superior after becoming Pioneers and attending the school. Kind of made me wonder exactly what they were taught. Seemed like there must have been a lot said about how great they were for making themselves available for the full time work because they sure seemed to feel that they were head and shoulders above anybody else, and they took it upon themselves to determine who had the "circumstances" to be able to pioneer and to badger those people about it. I had kids, so I was apparently given an exemption, but a friend of mine who was single, without children got hammered with their opinions about what she should be doing all the time.

Another thing I noticed aside from what busybodies they were, was how they became unable to see their own faults because they were so focused on everybody else's.

• pbrow
    pbrow

what about the dubs who bring their bibles to wedding talks!! That always pissed me off!!

phoney futher muckers!!

pbrow

• highdose
    highdose

oh dear oh dear oh dear

.... i used to be everyone of those things

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit