Are You The Type Of Person That Really "Loves" People On This Site?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I know some here seem to truly be interested in everyone's welfare. They seem to be really troubled/happy by another poster's health, life, children, job, sex life, worries, anxieties---you name it, they're very involved in "caring" about people that they hardly know.

I have forged some friendships, I've met some great people on this site. I've communicated with many nice people here. But I can honestly say that I rarely get deeply involved with most posters here. I like most everyone here but I don't love everyone .

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

No, especially the ones who continually ask silly questions.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I loves me some.

• Mary
    Mary

Minimus, I agape love you to death......

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I love when WingCommander gets belligerent and starts dropping F-bombs.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I am very fond of many people here. I am occasionally concerned at times about thier health and well being (mostly mental health with this crowd).

Yessss Mr Botch feels almost like family

• snowbird
    snowbird
    They seem to be really troubled/happy by another poster's health, life, children, job, sex life, worries, anxieties---you name it, they're very involved in "caring" about people that they hardly know.

The above, sans the strikethrough, fits me.

I used to worry about those to whom "the good news" hadn't reached; I would scour the annual worldwide service report, hoping against hope that there had been an increase in publishers in, say, Afghanistan.

Shot nerves are the result of that excursion, but I really do care about the posters on here, and harbor no unreal expectations about them.

Good topic, Minimus.

Syl

• minimus
    minimus

See, there are a lot of very nice folks here!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'm starting to. At first the "fake names" made it hard for me to remember who was who, or that you were all real people. I stil get stories confused, but when I read the good and bad things posters go through it yanks at my heart every time. FS

• Lore
    Lore

I don't "love" 99% of the people I would call my friends in real life, let alone online.

That being said I did care quite a bit about Richie Rich back in the day. Wouldn't say I loved him or even would call him a friend. But I still think about him once in a while (now for example) and if I found out he got hit by a truck I'd be pretty upset.

I have a much higher bar for people online to be labeled my 'friends' than in real life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit