Hidden program in the new WT CD alerts Bethel who has visited apostate websites!!

by moshe 57 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

It will never happen.

Do you remember a program several years ago called "My Norris?"

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It won't happen. Such a program would be detected fairly quick.

• RagingBull
    RagingBull

Doubt it would ever happen, but sooooo wish it did! Then we could all sue for violation of privacy. and the members would see how paranoid the WT is. Like, really...you know something's wrong when anyone goes that far to spy on another. I hope people start coming to their senses especially with all of the new anti-internet articles coming out. People are bound to wonder "WOW, the Society is really going in on this internet thing. Wonder why they're so scared of it."

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Has anyone heard of spyware and cookies? It is very possible that when the Cd installs the WTBTS software that a cookie(s) could also be saved on a computer that would track which websites are visited. Of coarse, any good anti-virus sofware would be able to detect spyware, so it is unlikely that the WTBTS would waste the time. Since most people do not read terms of use agreements, I am sure that the WTBTS would attempt to protect its self from any privacy litigation by saying that the cookie(s) were installed to keep the JW's computer as clean as it's member.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

ABibleStudent

• Violia
    Violia

many of my software programs ask for permission to send info to another site. As far as I know none of them does this without asking. I just do not and will not ever own any of the wts cds. I bought the vhs tapes years ago they used to make but no more.
    lexmark is a piece of junk printer . I have owned two and they never worked right, always full of problems.

• therevealer
    therevealer

Theocratic warfare is different from quasi illegal activity. Their lawyers would never allow such. If they didn't "try" to hold to what they beleive is a higher moral standard, why not just fudge the annointed number downward. No I do not beleive that they could afford to be caught, and they would be caught, in such activity. Besides, I don't think they need to do that. Most persons who become doubters "evil apostates" end up outing themselves locally and the elders deal with it. Just my opinion. Get your finger off the trigger.

• therevealer
    therevealer

I understand the hating on Lexmark, but you realize that the money is in the ink not the printer. Printers are the necessity to get you to buy the ink which is the profit for them.

• therevealer
    therevealer

guess I.m straying off topic - sorry

• moshe
    moshe

Now what honest-hearted JW would have a problem with installing such a tracker program when they run the WT CDRom?- it's to protect your kids from apostate websites- now who would have a problem with that? JWs never protested when they were asked to sign a no-blood transfusion card, did they?

what's to say that WT.org hasn't already been using tracking cookies- just like Amazon.com does? It would be no problem installing an anonymous tracking cookie to see how many people coming to WT websites it are using computers that have visited apostate websites- just for research purposes, mind you.

• TD
    TD
    It is very possible that when the Cd installs the WTBTS software that a cookie(s) could also be saved on a computer that would track which websites are visited.

No, that's not how cookies work at all.

On the server (website) side, cookies can be set on the client machine for statistical purposes (i.e. Tracking) Cookies often get set by clicking on third party add-banners for example.

But on the client (Your computer) side, cookies are only static data. They are not software and contain no executable code.

If the distinction between "Data" and "Code" makes no sense at all, think of it this way: Cookies work only in conjunction with the participating website(s).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit