Do you type or do you hunt and peck?

by JimmyPage 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I was just thinking how thankful I am that I took a typing course in school years ago. I would think it has to be very difficult posting on a board like this hunting and pecking all the time. So how fast can you type? Or how fast can you hunt and peck?

• White Dove
    White Dove

I can type 60 wpm.

Egg types 70 wpm.

She learned on a computer at school.

I learned on a manual clackity clack typewriter in 7th grade.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I type by touch. I can type 45-50 words per minute. I had a scrape with death with pancreatitis, which left me with partial memory loss. It also affected my typing on my left hand. It was brought to my attention that I now only use my index finger on my left hand to type, still by touch, and all of the fingers on my right hand. I try to re-teach myself to type with all my fingers on my left hand. After a few minutes, my hand just contorts and I have to stop. I never look at the keys unless I am trying to type numbers on the top row instead of the keypad. I know where the numbers are, but I find myself looking anyway at times. I will also double check to see the symbols on those keys at times. I am very grateful I can type using the touch method. One of my instructors could type 120 WPM. Her fingers typed so fast that you just saw a blur.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am able to type about 45 WPM, more if tested and trying hard. I learned in 7th, 8th grade. It's been quite helpful in the 1980's to be a young man who knew how to type, especially in the military. I prefer typing over writing lengthy stuff. It helped me with my notes for JW talks, too.

Good with the bad.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I learned how to type the old-fashioned way - on a "blind" World War II relic which was donated to our little mission school.

If need be, I can type 70-80 wpm.

90-100 on a good day.

Thanks for asking.

Syl

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Won first place in a Dist. high school contest. Then went to state and placed 6th place. At one time I was up to 90 to 100 words per. min. with 4 or less errors. Almost 40 years later I am lucky to type 20 or 30 words per. min. with 20 or less errors. LOL Because I played the organ as a kid I knew how to use my fingers on a kep board. Totally ADD

• cantleave
    cantleave

I fumble and stumble.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can touch type and the keys are pretty much engraved in my memory. I only pretty much stop midway if I'm thinking about the spelling of a word. That was one good thing that came out of school :)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

took typing in school too. I can type just not spell..... oh well

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I can do about 45-50, and I have never taken a class.

You can test yourself here:

http://www.typingtest.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit