Something that has helped me understand why people continue to go to church

by JimmyPage 33 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I have to agree with Designs. After a lifetime of being a JW (and really believing it) and then leaving -- I can't understand why someone would surrender a chance at rational thinking and participating in emotional, mental and intellectual freedom to enslave himself once again to fantasies.

You may not realize it, but this sounds pretty condescending. It's nice to be able to answer this freely.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Church of the Kumbaya is very popular these days....
    You mean since 1604? That's a long "these days". Maybe your generations lap each other.

You might wonder if possibly Designs was referring to the post above yours?

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Walt, you have an excellent handle on the issue, if I may say so.

• trillaz
    trillaz

leavingwt that was an interesting observation. As someone who has been to both and left both. You are right about the victim part. JWs are victims and what is worse is that you can't tell on the assailant. Just as someone who may victimize little ones and say that you wil lose your parents , relatives and friends if you let anyone know.

But I would not go back to my older church roots because of the holidays I tried to get away from. I'll go to a movie, play, club or anything else if I just want entertainment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit