IS THE UK A THIRD WORLD COUNTRY NOW ?

by Hairyhegoat 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Well here we have kids and old age pensioners living below the poverty line, and the prime minister promises 1.4 billion to overseas aid for jabs..

The Uk is a dumping ground for immigrants, and they all get houses and cars payed for by the tax payer. I am not racisit but when my country is bankrupt then we need to close the borders and look after our own. The freeloader imigrants need to find a new place to squat as the UK has run out of money, schools , hospitals, and most of all jobs. These people from europe will work for £3.00 per hour just to get the job from a uk worker..

The UK is all run by overseas companies and we are dictated to all the time, the UK is going under... Emergencey services are run from Australia, energey is run from eon in france etc.. and our cars are made in india and japan. If I win the lottery this week the first thing to do is get the hell out of this shit hole What else can you add if you live in the UK

HHG

• wiser
    wiser

Sounds like America.

• Hairyhegoat
    Hairyhegoat

Wiser can you fill me in ?

HHG

• AGuest
    AGuest
    These people from europe will work for £3.00 per hour just to get the job from a uk worker...

Interesting. Are you sure it's not because they want to eat... feed their kids... get some kind of shelter over their heads... a little clothing... you know, the "necessities of life", dear HHG (peace to you!)? I mean, I can't see how working for £3.00 per hour is gonna make any of 'em rich... even if they work 3 jobs. But £3.00 per hour is probably a LOT more than they would get "back home"... where they were probably either starving... running from insurgents... dodging bullets... or hiding from bombs...

Sorry, but I kinda don't get that "what's mine is ALL mine and no, you can't have even a little taste if it's gonna anything from me and mine" mentality. I'm more of the, why don't we all take a little of what we have... and share it with those who don't have... since it's pretty much coming out of OUR surplus, anyway... kinda girl. I mean, that is, of course, unless you and YOURS are starving, homeless, and naked...

But again, that's me.

Again, peace to you... and may you stay warm, dry, and reasonably well-fed...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• wiser
    wiser

HHG I am glad you posted. We are experiencing the worst economic crisis since the 1930's. The government is cutting services to the disabled, ederly and poor. We have a huge immigrant problem that both politcal parties will not address. When citizens stand up against it they are labled racist. The immigrants qualify for free schooling and housing assistance while the average American and veteran cannot get nothing. Our borders need to be closed. And this country needs to focus on its citizens and how to create jobs for them. I do believe in giving but let us first give to our own Through all this, America still gives out billions of dollars to foreign countries. So you see, America is also becoming a third world country.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

These people from Europe will work for £3.00 per hour just to get the job from a uk worker...

I've been hearing of this more and more now, where immigrants are under-cutting the established UK

companies, you've been trying to keep the wages fair and equitable to the cost of living.

• mummatron
    mummatron

Well, where I live the communities are still suffering from the Thatcherite era. The mines all got shut down in the 80's leaving the majority of (now middle-aged to retirement age) men unemployed, unskilled & unqualified. Most of them had left school with no qualifications whatsoever as there had always been work available. Then the steady decline in manufacturing - partly due to recession and partly due to companies cost-cutting by outsourcing to the Far East, etc - meant that there are far fewer jobs in the immediate vicinity (e.g. Burberry factory closure). Many became depressed and turned to alcohol, or drugs. There is big heroin problem amongst adults now in their 40's.

So, the current generation of young people were brought up by families on benefits and had poor diets which has caused issues with brain develoment during crucial growing phases which has hampered their academic attainment levels and caused ADD/ADHD. I worked in school last year where the percentage of kids with SENs was as much as 25% in some classes! Teachers were telling me that the reason so many children had broken bones set in plaster was due to their poor diets (cheap cola & frozen oven-ready foods devoid of nutrients). The teens have a very apathetic view to education -- "What's the point in working hard at school when there are no jobs?" The older teens who left school at 16 either wound up doing manual labour (roofing is quite a popular choice as no formal training or qualifications are required); join the army and wind up on the front line in Afgahnistan or the like within months of passing basic training; or get their girlfriends pregnant so they can get their own council house, claim Jobseeker's Allowance so they can keep the council house and continue getting housing benefit (which TBF is pretty easy considering they have minmal or no GCSEs and there aren't many jobs) but they supplement their income by selling weed or cheap tobacco from the continent.

A few years ago the local bus company employed lots of Eastern European immigrants (most of which couldn't speak English) to drive their buses. The rise in fuel prices has meant that barely anyone can afford to use the buses anymore - it's around £5 for a return ticket to the nearest town which is 3 miles away.

Having said all that, the burglary and car crime rate here is pretty low as nobody has anything worth stealing!

• dgp
    dgp

I think you're way above Third World in more than one sense. And it would be very difficult for the UK to slide down that much.

As to things being made mostly beyond the UK's borders, well, that is pretty much everybody's situation these days, with the possible exception of China.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Sorry Wiser but the amount of aid going to immigrants is a pittance compared to what the ultra wealthy and mega corporations are getting away with. If you want to get angry, we give billions to oil companies to drill oil. ? They are making record profits. CEO pay is 500 times average worker pay. The last thirty+ years have seen a tremendous increase in the income of those at the top, while the pay for the rest has stagnated, and "downsizing" has become the norm. Free trade, gutting the labor unions and cutting taxes on the very wealthy have nearly destroyed this country. Seems to me the UK has been one of our closest allies on this kind of governance.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Third world countries don't have things such as public housing, unemployment benefits or public health care and hospitals.

The USA and UK may be becoming second world countries but they're not as bad as real 3rd world countries like those in south east Asia or the majority of Africa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit