Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

At a point of lonely desperation I asked God for direction, and he gave it to me by having certain people pass thorough my life, almost daily, who offered good advice, which led me to where I am now. A new church (an intelligent reasonable one), and a new extended family. You might choose to go all secular, but if not, pray for direction.

and I am really, really happy for you and your wife!! Your life is going to get so much better and more interesting and FREE.

• Becksi
    Becksi

A hearty welcome from me too, Stumpy! I'm also now an honorary Aussie. It turns out that moving to the opposite side of the planet works wonders for a successful fade ;)

My sister also beseeched Jehovah for many weeks, begging to be given any sign that it was the truth. Waddya know, all she heard was crickets.

Welcome to the board!

Becksi

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Hi all. Well times up. The silence was deafening as expected. Lots of tears from both of us but we're going to be ok. The missus suggested we watch a comedy tonight and talk about it tomorrow. She's a trooper.

Ding and Witness My Fury, thanks so much for the advice. Yes I've been going very easy with my wife. Tomorrow I'll tell you more about how I've been helping her see the "truth". I'll fill you in on what my issues were later too.

Hi Stuckinarut, I'll send you a message about my location. I'm a bit paranoid at the moment. As far as state of mind... I'm not sure if I could even describe it with words.

Wife's ready to watch a movie so gotta go. Thanks again everyone for such a nice welcome.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Stumpy - "I have read Crisis of Conscience and I'm making my way through In Search of Christian Freedom... I just finished Gentile Times Reconsidered during the book study ... I'm also listening to the audio book The Greatest Show On Earth during my commute..."

Damn, Stumpy; way to take the deep end of the pool, dude.

You don't do anything half-assed, do you?

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Welcome Stumpy.

6 years ago a close friend was diagnosed with cancer and obviously I prayed Jah on my friend's behalf. At the same time my long time employer was going to shut down the division I worked for and after almost 3 decades I would have to look for employment. I also prayed for guidance...well I guess it was much easier for the almighty god to find me a job than saving my friend...These events contributed in my awakening to the truth about "the truth". How could I ever thank Jah for blessing me with a materially comfortable life without realizing that millions of brothers live in poverty? What made me more worthy than them? Jah is either partial or he has absolutely nothing to do with the way we live. In fact for me he only existed in my mind and he has been flushed out.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Stumpy, thanks for the update with the EXPECTED results in answer to your prayer.

It would seem that, although your SPECIFIC prayer was not answered, your more general, life-affirming one was.

Enjoy your movie!

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Stumpy. My wife and I, she was my pioneer partner back in the day, left some 48 years ago. A lot of beliefs have changed since then. A lot of new information now available online is stuff the WT never wanted to be made public.

We look forward to sharing your journey.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum Stumpy,

Now that you reviewed the WTS doctrines such has the Heavenly return of JC in 1884 and then 1914.

the bogus calculation of mankind's existence of 6000 years used twice 60 years apart, the second time to create

the significant date of October of 1975.

That should confirm that the WTS and its leaders were pressed to create fictitious doctrines to attract attention to the literature of what the WTS published and also to incite fear to influencer its members to distribute the WTS's literature to the public.

This commercial agenda was acclaimed to be Jehovah's will and purpose and all of the leaders of the WTS Corporation had self proclaimed that they had god's solemn backing as preaching " The Truth".

From out that agenda people were strategically mentally indoctrinated that what they are doing has god's approval and they were to be duly rewarded from out of those personal efforts.

There was an apparent fraud carefully hidden in the process by selecting only bible Scriptures that would support the organization's literature proliferation agenda, leaving out any bible scriptures that would not.

Perhaps there was some possible reasons why that no other Christian based religion has proclaimed what the WTS has done, from out that one can see the WTS's own inherent corruption .

• 7Starz
    7Starz

Welcome Stumpy. It sounds like you have been in the organization for awhile. Glad to see more folks are waking up. My wife and I (Samaritan at the Well) woke up around the same time and both are now free from a man made religion that cares more about its existence than its members.

Take it from a former elder / pioneer...there is nothing like seeing the "truth" for the first time with the person you love at your side.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Stumpy -- if you've been reading this board for some time now, you already know how fortunate you are that your wife has also come to see TTATT. Trust me. You'll be glad you have each other to lean on because (what I found out) the path you have now chosen to take will prove to be one of the most difficult and emotional things you'll ever do in life.

It took me a good 10 years to fully awaken as I kept blocking out all the evidence that I was refusing to accept. For many years, the cognitive dissonance kept it all neatly hidden/ignored in the background. The about 5 years ago it really hit me. The concept that this was all directed by God/Holy Spirit just fell apart. And, even then it took another 2-3 years to break free from all the JW indoctrination.

Some days I still wish I'd have taken the "Blue Pill".

Image result for red pill blue pill

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit