Hi Everyone. Answer to prayer countdown...

by Stumpy 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Stumpy
    Stumpy

Hi all. I've been lurking for about 3 months now and thought I'd better finally sign up. You have all been an immense help to me as I have come to realize that this isn't the truth so I want to say a great big THANK YOU!

What a crazy, emotional ride it is to finally face the truth about the doubts that I have carried for many years. I feel like a fool. How could I have been so stupid and gullible! My faith in so many things is shot...

I'm a born-in and I'm currently an elder unfortunately. We live in Australia. Mentally, I'm already out, but my wife is having a very hard time with it. She knows I'm right and I've been showing her everything I'm finding out (only from the Watchtower publications), with very emotional reactions as you would expect. She's not completely there yet, but well on her way thank goodness.

I'm at the point of figuring out how to leave. If I wasn't married I would just quit tomorrow but I can't do that for her sake. I love her very much and she's my best friend so I want to do this in the least traumatic way for her.

Yesterday I had a huge breakthrough thanks to JW Broadcasting. I showed my wife the new April video from the 42:00 point interview. She was shocked that the GB would approve of such a thing, insinuating that God cares more about some random building leak versus all the dying and sick kids in the world. She yelled at the TV: "He would have found anyway, it was his job!!!"

So I jumped on this opportunity and said that if it was now an 'approved' way of praying that we should come up with a prayer to see if Jehovah would show us once and for all if this is the truth or not. If he answers our prayer I'll stay a witness... if there is no answer, then its not the truth and I'm done.

She readily agreed.

We came up with a very specific but simple, selfless prayer to do with our schedule that would only benefit the congregation and not us in any way. If Jehovah can answer a non-believer for something so stupid and selfish as a building leak, then how could he not answer ours, especially after we've served him for more than 50 years together, 30+ of those as pioneers. We've both been praying all day yesterday and today.

There is 7 1/2 hours left for the answer...

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Welcome stumpy, waking up is certainly a wild ride and I wish you and the mrs all the best with your journey.

Don't take it too personally when Jehovah doesn't answer your test prayer he is busy blessing websites at the moment.

• Garrett
    Garrett

Hello and welcome! It's going to be a bumpy ride, but hang in there! I assure you, it gets MUCH better.

As for feeling like a fool...I think that happened to all of us, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Peace

Garrett

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hi and welcome aboard Stumpy.

Your comment: "What a crazy, emotional ride it is to finally face the truth about the doubts that I have carried for many years. I feel like a fool. How could I have been so stupid and gullible! My faith in so many things is shot..."

You're going to find that's it's great therapy to share your feeling on different topics on this forum. And I'm sure that as an elder there is a tremendous amount that you can contribute to discussions here.

Look forward to more of your posts. Hopefully one day we'll meet Mrs. Stumpy too!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

What an introduction! Here's to the two of you and your new and real lives together

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore

When I first discovered TTATT I made it my mission to be as objective as possible. I like to think I can see through bs most of the time, which was very important in making my decision to leave all things JW.

With this in mind I would pray most days, (usually when out with the dog as this was the most quiet part of the day for me) asking Jehovah (if he really did exist) to help me find answers to the things I found out. Funny enough he's remained silent on all my requests for help...

I wish you both all the best for the future. It'll take some time to adjust but life's a lot less stressful, at least for us anyway ;)

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I thought Jesus said it is written do not put your God to the test
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Jesus said a lot of dumb things . .
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Welcome to this forum, and what a great way to challenge a thinking Witness.

Indeed, if Jehovah is leading this Organization and even helps a contractor to find a leak so he can go to a meeting, for sure he can answer a prayer of a long faithful couple regarding if this is the truth or not. Well played!

Let's just hope that an invitation to the DC doesn't appear in your mailbox on the next 7 hours ...

Eden

• fiddler
    fiddler
    Before I left I prayed so hard for help and answers. At first I thought my prayers were going UN answered but in actuality, it was getting my eyes opened that WAS the answer to the prayers. Hang in there and may you and your wife make a clean escape together.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit