Study Conductor Challenge (plus hello!)

by educatingMyself 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• educatingMyself
    educatingMyself

Alreet everyone!

I've been watching and learning for a while, nice one on helping me see the real truth!

Long story short -> got interested in Christianity, JWs first to ask me about it, studied for a few months, realised they were wrong, tried to be a good undercover apostate, got bored, left, joined a local protestant church.

Anyway thats not the reason I'm posting. The reason I'm posting is that I actually quite liked my study conductors and a few others of the local kingdom hall lot and have been debating for a while about how to get them to see the real truth.

Basically I think I thought of a fool proof challenge (which will be a disguised bet).

- I'm thinking about going back to my study conductor and saying I would get baptised if they could show me proof that pre 1914 (or just after I'll need your help on this), the bible students predicted an invisible coming for that year. I have had one of them in the past say I was wrong to suggest otherwise.

Basically I want to dangle the bait just enough to encourage them to look up issues that I know will rock them if they actually learned what really happened. (I dont want break a promise on getting baptised so I will need help on working out when the first time the invisible stuff was mentioned so my challenge can pre-date that).

Also, what do you think of the idea? Do you think I will motivate them enough to actually look things up?!?!?!

Cheers,

E-Myself.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome Eself. Congratulations on dodging the bullet! I don't know if anything you say will cause them to think. It's frustrating I know, but here is how they view you. You are a study with limited knowledge. They are there to teach you, not you teach them. The walls are up and everything you say will be reworked in their minds. You ask a question that you hope will challenge them. They will see it as interest and go back to research it. They will answer the question to THEIR satisfaction and expect that to be enough for you. They may try to move on to a different point--reasoning that you aren't ready to discuss that JUST YET. They will hope that if they can convince you about other things, your trust in the GB will grow and eventually you will accept their spin on things.

As long as they are captive to the concept it's difficult to shake them up. The doubt has to come from within them--and they have many layers of defense against that.

NC

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I wouldn't just jump in with a challenge. They may suspect you know too much.

If you want to get them thinking, you probably need to start studying again and feign some interest for a few weeks. Maybe even show curiosity about the organization and ask to see the DVDs of their "history" or their "Proclaimers" book. Then, after watching/reading you can use their OWN literature to challenge them. They subtly admit that the expectations of 1914 were not realized - that's why so many of the Bible Students split off from the Watchtower Borganization.

If their expectations were wrong, why do you now insist that they were right to look ahead to 1914? You might ask that or similar questions. Literally the only thing that happened in 1914 was the beginning of WWI. That's IT. That was NOTHING like what was predicted by the Watchtower.

Anyway, I think it is probably best to use their organization's own words against them. Find places where they admit their mistakes and then force your conductors to not only admit something vague like "mistakes were made" but to examine what those mistakes were and then you can lead them through the implications of those mistakes on the validity of the religion itself.

• free @ last
    free @ last

give up before you begin

sounds gloomy... but take it from me... all hope is futile

I have so many people I love still deep within the borg and no attempts made to reason are even remotely considered.

I am in tears right now and can barely type because of having yet another hopeless and fustrating conversation with my dearest friend today. Thought I could reason on the obvious flaws regarding the practice of shunning and the wacky blood component/fraction doctine.

Anyone can spare a tissue??

f@l

• bob1999
    bob1999

The book The Time Is At Hand, 1916 edition, page ii, (forward), said:

The Bible chronology therin presented show that the six great 1000 year days beginning with Adam are ended, and that the great 7th Day, the 1000 years of Christ's Reign, began in 1873.

The book The Day of Vengeance (The Battle of Armageddon), 1897, page 621 said:

Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present, since October 1874.

The 1921 book The Harp of God said on page 236:

"The time of the end" embraces a period from 1799 A.D., as above indicated, to the time of the complete overthrow of Satan's empire and the establishment of the kingdom of the Messiah. The time of the Lord's second presence dates from 1874, as above stated. The latter period is within the first named, of course, and in the latter part of the period known as "the time of the end.

In a similar fashion the March 1, 1922 Watch Tower said:

The indisputable facts, therefore, show that the "time of the end" began in 1799; that the Lord's second presence began in 1874.

The book Creation, 1927, pages 294, 295, 298 said:

Twelve hundred and sixty years from 539 A.D. brings us to 1799, which is another proof that 1799 definitely marks the beginning of "the time of the end." From shortly after 1799, the date of the beginning of "the time of the end," we should expect to find an increase of knowledge, particularly with reference to the Bible.

There are two important dates here that we must not confuse, but clearly differentiate; namely, the beginning of "the time of the end" and the beginning of the presence of the Lord. "The time of the end" embraces a period from 1799 A.D. to the time of the complete overthrow of Satan's empire and the establishment of the kingdom of the Messiah. The time of the Lord's second presence dates from 1874 and is during the latter part of the period known as "the time of the end."

The book Prophecy, 1929, pages 65-66, said:

.... the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D. This proof is specifically set out in the booklet entitled Our Lord's Return.

Peace

• bob1999
    bob1999

"Despite what many of Jehovah's Witnesses believe today, C. T. Russell did not believe that 1914 marked the establishment of the Kingdom of God in heaven, because that had already happened in 1878. Neither did he believe that 1914 would be followed by another generation of conflict without any intervention by God. He did expect that in 1914 the saints would be glorified and they would be carried off to heaven to rule with Jesus."

You should read this website,

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-2-statements-concerning-1799-1874.html

Peace

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good points made. It generally takes a lot of time and effort to influence one of them to look behind the curtain, so to speak. I know it's tough when a person gets attached to one stuck in a cult. Stick around and get other ideas/suggestions, and experiences. Some HAVE been successful in bringing their families/loved ones out. Perhaps, they will give you some of their experiences.

S

'alreet' Is that from a particular science fiction book? The one i remember went 'alreet to geet', or something like that. I used to read a lot of em.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The many dates created by the WTS. by its many head editorial writers were truly created for marketing reasons

to attract attention the organization's many pieces of published literature.

Quite easy to say that Christ return accumulated on a certain date when the statement is professed invisibly, is it not ?

Using this sites own search engine to investigate 1914 would be a good start to evaluate what was said about this year

and its supposed significance toward the WTS/JWS. ( a religious publishing house )

• rebel8
    rebel8

what do you think of the idea?

Well....nothing wrong with it per se...whatever floats your boat.

Me....I think there are lots of more productive ways to spend your time. It's all fake. Most of the world knows it. Many of the dubs know it too.

It's kind of like pulling the beard off Santa in the mall, and then saying, "Ha! Proof you're not Santa," then posting the proof on youtube.

Yes, you "proved" it, but what was accomplished by the exercise?

• watchwatchbaby
    watchwatchbaby

Just like Harold Camping said on May 21, 2011, "Yep, those Jehovah's musta been right the end of the world came invisibly in 1975. DARN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit