Feet and Toes Research and Noo Lite

by Mad Sweeney 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Is LARS disguising himself as 20571pnt428571?

Are they possibly related? Perhaps in another life?

Or is it just a contest to see who can use up the most space in a post?

[yawn]

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

We've just had our District Convention. (Didn't go).

A relative has just called to say how marvellous the assembly was. Said same thing last year and the year before.

Anyway, they said how fantastic the new light (shite) was about Daniel 2;44.

I'll have to do a bit of digging to see what all the fuss is about.

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Thank you Mad Sweeney! Thank you! I am not crazy after all! When my 12 year old son called me and told me about this "new light" and begged me to find a convention to attend, I thought to myself, that's what we believed about the feet when I was 12 years old! I did not take the time to find the material.

This is clear example of a flip-flop. Most in attendance were probably not around in 1978 and have no idea this a flip-flop. It is a lame attempt to keep the "end of the world" pressure on keep the masses calling on not at homes for another year. Wow.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So in 30 years when China is the New World power, all will change and there will be NEW LIGHT

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Bttt since this question seems to come up whenever someone's JW relative attends the convention.

• sizemik
    sizemik

lettersandnumbers . . . could you answer my question at the end of this thread please . . .

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/211822/1/End-of-the-World

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Yes, numbers&letters, PLEASE return to that other thread and stop darkening this door with your off-topic nonsense.

This thread is about the Watchtower's final District Convention talk this summer and its introduction of supposed "new light" about the toes of the image of Daniel 2. It is about them and their doctrine. It is NOT about YOU or YOUR doctrine.

• blondie
    blondie

Daniel does not mention the specific number of toes, so that number does not seem to be significant.

So does that mean there were 1 to infinity toes or did Daniel expect his readers to know that humans normally have ten toes?

So does this mean there are only 2 toes to be understood since the toes represent Britain and the US?

Also, this is the WTS way to clear up the problem of a new King of the North and the belief by some jws that until a new King of the North is identified by the WTS that the end cannot come.

So has the pushing of the King of the North mentioned here taken place already? Yes, according to the WTS. I remember though that the WTS said that neither would prevail or destroy each other until the "end" when both would be destroyed.

*** Daniel Prophecy (1991) dp chap. 16 p. 278 par. 17 The Contending Kings Near Their End ***Nevertheless, the king of the north did not achieve world conquest. The angel foretold: "These are the ones that will escape out of his hand, Edom and Moab and the main part of the sons of Ammon." (Daniel 11:41b) In ancient times, Edom, Moab, and Ammon were situated between the domains of the Egyptian king of the south and the Syrian king of the north. In modern times they represent nations and organizations that the king of the north targeted but was unable to bring under his influence.

*** w93 11/1 pp. 20-21 pars. 9-13 The Final Victory of Michael, the Great Prince *** Has the king of the north ruled over ‘the hidden treasures of Egypt’? Well, he has certainly not conquered the king of the south, and up until 1993 the world situation made it seem unlikely that he will. But he has had a powerful influence on the way the king of the south used his financial resources. Because of fear of his rival, the king of the south has devoted huge sums each year to maintaining a formidable army, navy, and air force. To this extent the king of the north could be said to have ‘ruled over,’ controlled, the disposition of the wealth of the king of the south.

Final Campaign of the Northern King

10 Does the rivalry between the two kings continue indefinitely? No. The angel told Daniel: "There will be reports that will disturb him [the king of the north], out of the sunrising and out of the north, and he will certainly go forth in a great rage in order to annihilate and to devote many to destruction. And he will plant his palatial tents between the grand sea and the holy mountain of Decoration; and he will have to come all the way to his end, and there will be no helper for him."—Daniel 11:44, 45.

11 These events are yet future, so we cannot say in detail how the prophecy will be fulfilled. Recently, the political situation regarding the two kings has changed. The bitter rivalry between the United States and Eastern European countries has cooled. Further, the Soviet Union was disbanded in 1991 and no longer exists.—See the March 1, 1992, issue of The Watchtower, pages 4, 5.

12 So who is the king of the north now? Is he to be identified with one of the countries that were part of the old Soviet Union? Or is he changing identity completely, as he has a number of times before? We cannot say. Who will be the king of the north when Daniel 11:44, 45 is fulfilled? Will the rivalry between the two kings flare up again? And what of the huge nuclear stockpiles that still exist in a number of lands? Only time will provide the answers to these questions.

13 One thing we do know. Soon, the king of the north will conduct an offensive campaign that will be triggered by "reports that will disturb him, out of the sunrising and out of the north." This campaign will immediately precede his "end."

----------------------------------

----------------------------------------------

What do the toes represent?

The number of toes on the image does not seem to have prophetic significance for the following two reasons:

First, in other visions Daniel mentions specific numbers that are significant such as the number of horns on the heads of the wild beast. Daniel does not mention the specific number of toes, so that number does not seem to be significant.

Second, each of the sections in the rest of the image represent only the dominant world power that interacted with God’s people. Therefore, the feet and toes represent not a conglomeration of many different governments but just the Anglo-American world power.

This prophecy shows, and it is confirmed by Revelation 17, verse 10, that the Anglo-American world power, Britain and the United States, will be the dominant political force when that stone, when God’s Kingdom strikes the image. It will rule concurrently for a time with the eighth king, the United Nations.

But what does this mean?

It means that we do not have to wait for another power to arise. All the elements are in place, and since 1914 that stone has been hurling toward the feet of the image and is now about to strike. [applause]

~2011 District Convention “God’s Kingdom Will Crush All Other Kingdoms – When?”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit