Rutherford 1942 "Don't have kids till after Armagedon...Watchtower 2008 same advice!! Sick!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IMHO
    IMHO

Following on from the previous post. Any guesses as to how many JWs there would be today if not one of them had had a child since 1942?

• designs
    designs

In the late 60's and 70's I served in a Congregation with several Sisters from the Rutherford/Knorr era. You talk about tragic, they could't even hold others babies, scared for life by a couple of whack job Watchtower Presidents.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Shame on them...shame shame shame--Heard it said many times. A CO was waiting to have children and said it in a talk at a convention in SWF about 10 years ago... **He's dead now so who is he to have children with since they say those who are resurrected will not marry or have kids??? Sw

• Haulin Oats
    Haulin Oats

Hopscotch brings up a good point.

Granted the people having children while remaining JW's number in the millions, most are window-washers and janitors...hardly a tidy sum to live on during their golden years. However those with no children have fewer mouths to feed, hence more money in the coffers once the Reaper comes for them.

I doubt when people of our generation get old, there will be any money left in their names...the economy will tank and costs of living will go up. I wonder what "New Light" will result from this.

Back to the OP, yes its pretty sad they keep regurgitating the same BS every couple years just to keep people on the edge. And like I've said on other posts, they will conveniently erase any back-copies of publications so they can keep on producing new light. Eventually this paper printing thing will go by the wayside and all publications will be digital.

• WhatWasIThinking
    WhatWasIThinking

Maybe there will be new light that having children shows lack of faith in the Governing Body, that if you do you are DA'ing yourself (like willingly accepting a blood transfusion), and then the religion will die off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit