Rutherford 1942 "Don't have kids till after Armagedon...Watchtower 2008 same advice!! Sick!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Sir Nose 586,

The phonetic code was developed for use when carrying out a conversation by radio telephone. It is used extensively by the Military, and is also frequently encountered in such activities as Air Traffic Control, Security and Power System Switching (where my old radio call sign was "Echo One" - "E" for Electrical Department, and represented by the code word "echo").

A = alpha B = bravo C= Charlie D = delta E = echo F = foxtrot G = golf H = hotel I = India

J = Juliet K = kilo L = Lima M = Mike N = November O = Oscar P = Papa Q = Quebec R = Romeo

S = sierra T = tango U = uniform V = Victor W = whisky X = X-ray Y =yankee Z = Zulu

"Sierra Squared" represents a double S, "Delta Squared" a double D - i.e. "Same Shit, Different Day."

Bill.

• blondie
    blondie

http://jwfacts.com/watchtower/quotes/marriage-child-bearing.php

Watchtower 2000 August 1 p.21 Why Do They Have No Children?
    "Although Noah's three sons were all married, none fathered children until after the Deluge. ? While this does not imply that it is wrong to have children today, many Christian couples decline to have children so as to become more fully involved in the urgent work that Jehovah has given his people to do. Some couples have waited for a time before having children; others have decided to remain childless and consider the possibility of bearing children in Jehovah's righteous new world."

Watchtower 1988 March 1 p. 19 Childbearing Among God's People
    "If the expansion of Christianity was to come about mainly by childbearing, Jesus would not have encouraged his disciples to "make room" for singleness "on account of the kingdom of the heavens." (Matthew 19:10-12) ?
    How should Christians view marriage and childbearing today, in this "time of the end"? (Daniel 12:4) It is truer than ever that "the scene of this world is changing," or, as another translation puts it, "the present scheme of things is rapidly passing away."-1 Corinthians 7:31, Phillips. Now, as never before, "the time left is reduced." Yes, only a limited time remains for Jehovah's people to finish the work he has given them to do, namely: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) That work must be accomplished before the end comes. It is, therefore, appropriate for Christians to ask themselves how getting married or, if married, having children will affect their share in that vital work. ?
    During all this pre-Flood period, Noah's sons and their wives had no children."

Awake! 1974 November 8 p.11
    "Today there is a great crowd of people who are confident that a destruction of even greater magnitude is now imminent. The evidence is that Jesus' prophecy will shortly have a major fulfilment, upon this entire system of things. This has been a major factor in influencing many couples to decide not to have children at this time. They have chosen to remain childless so that they would be less encumbered to carry out the instructions of Jesus Christ to preach the good news of God's kingdom earth wide before the end of this system comes. -Matt.24:14."

Children (1941) 3,000,000 ed. pp.312-313
    "Should men and women, both of whom are Jonadabs or "other sheep" of the Lord, now marry before Armageddon and bring forth children? They may chose to do so, but the admonition or advice of the scriptures appears to be against it.

Face the Facts (1938) pp.46-50
    "Would it be Scripturally proper for them to now marry and to begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the Scripture?. Those Jonadabs who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone..."

Watchtower 1938 November 1 p.324
    "...mark the words of Jesus, which definitely seem to discourage the bearing of children immediately before or during Armageddon

Golden Age 1937 January 27 edition "That Delusion Called Love"
    "God's consecrated people do well to refrain from marriage unless they find themselves continually tormented with desire for sexual intercourse, in which case they should marry. ? For those of the younger or older who have need to marry on this score, let them dispose of the matter in candor and honesty ? shunning the blight, the delusions and illusions of "love" so called and courtship, which bring reproach on the holy name of Jehovah."

--------------

Also the reasoning was that Noah's sons (and daughter-in-laws) did not have children before the flood and the WTS implies it was by choice although the BIBLE DOES NOT SAY. Rutherford believed that WW2 would culminate in Armaggedon.

There was also back and forth discussion of what the "procreation mandate" was and when it would begin.

http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/children.html

1938 "Would it be scripturally proper for them to marry and begin to rear children? No, is the answer, which is supported by the scriptures....I will be far better to be unhampered and without burdens, that they may do the Lords will now, as the Lord commands, and also be without hindrance during Armageddon. … Those... who now contemplate marriage, it would seem, would do better if they wait a few years, until the fiery storm of Armageddon is gone." (Face the Facts, 1938, p. 46, 47, 50)

1941 Should men and women, both of whom are Jonadabs or "other sheep" of the Lord, now marry before Armageddon and bring forth children? they may chose to do so, but the admonition or advice of the scriptures appears to be against it. (Children; 1941; 3,000,000 ed.; p. 312)

1941 The prophetic picture seems to set forth the correct rule, to wit: The three sons of Noah and their wives were in the ark and were saved from the flood. They did not have any children, however, until after the flood. They began to have children two years after the flood. (Genesis 11:10,11) No children were taken into the ark and none were born in the ark, and hence none were brought out of the ark. Only eight persons went in and eight came out of the ark. (1 Peter 3:20; Genesis 8:18) That would appear to indicate that it would be proper that those who will form the "great multitude" should wait until after Armageddon to bring children into the world. (Children; 1941; 3,000,000 ed.; p. 312-313)

1941 "Armageddon is surely near, and during that time the Lord will clean off the earth everything that offends and is disagreeable. ... From now on we shall have our heart devotion fixed on The Theocracy, knowing that soon we shall journey forever together in the earth. Our hope is that within a few years our marriage may be consummated and, by the Lord's grace, we shall have sweet children that will be an honor to the Lord. We can well defer our marriage until lasting peace comes to the earth." (J. F. Rutherford, Children, 1941, p.366)

• blondie
    blondie

Salvation (Rutherford)

Seeing that the divine mandate was given only to righteous men or those counted righteous by

the Lord, and that the great multitude who survive the battle of Armageddon will be the only ones of the human race to abide on the earth, and that those of the great multitude will be counted righteous by the Lord by reason of their faith and obedience, is it not reasonable and Scriptural to conclude that the members of the great multitude will carry out the divine mandate according to the will of Jehovah God under the immediate command and direction of Christ? The question then arises, Since the Lord is now gathering his "other sheep", who will form the great multitude, should those begin now to marry and bring forth children in fulfillment of the divine mandate? No, is the answer; which the Scriptures fully support. The sons of Noah and their wives had no children during the flood. There is no evidence that any children were taken into the ark. Only eight persons came forth from the ark, and that is conclusive proof that no children were born to Noah's sons either before the flood or during the flood. (Genesis 7:13; 8:16) In the prophetic picture it is shown that no children were born to Noah's sons and their wives until after the flood, and the first one mentioned was born two years after the flood. (Genesis 11:10)

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/salvation/salvation7.html

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

When I was a JW, everyone adviced me to remaind unmarried. After I stubbornly stated my intentions to get married, they started to advise me to remain childless.

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

I know an elderly sister (who just recently passed away), her and her husband took the WT's advice and did not have any children. The years marched on and then she lost her husband. Although there were individuals from the congregation that helped her she once told me that "she felt like a burden to the congregation and she regretted deeply that she did not have children". When she died I found out that ironically she left most of her estate to the Watchtower! The very organization that gave them life altering bad advice ends up with a huge sum of money for this deed. It is just so wrong and disgusting!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

My parents were looked down on for daring to have a child back in 1957 (not me, lol). Afterall, the end was so near!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

This is one of the reasons children were looked down on in the congreations during the 50's - 70's. That is why so much abuse happened to children. No one cared in JW land. Children where 3rd rate people. Always in the way and show everyone that there parents did not really believe what the cult was teaching. I said 50's-70's because that seem to be a period of greatest child hating in the cult. I feel during the 70's were many converts were coming in with children already that thinking kind of subsided. Believe me I am not trying to minimize the pedophile problem this is probably why it is so bad in the JW cult even today. Totally ADD

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

DavinciCodeBreaker when I read what you said here:

When she died I found out that ironically she left most of her estate to the Watchtower! The very organization that gave them life altering bad advice ends up with a huge sum of money for this deed.

the first thing I thought is well maybe that is one of the reasons behind the WTS admonition not to have children. If a JW couple have no children then there is a strong possiblity their estate will be left to the WT.

Hopscotch

• oompa
    oompa

so dont have kids because of woes and hardships that may come with it....that is why i dont drive in order to not get hurt in a wreck and experience hardships...and i dont fly because of stress and fear of crashing....and now i dont walk for fear of falling down....and of course i dont go outside anymore and risk the pains that come from skin cancer

just how many flukkin things can they come up with to avoid in order to avoid POSSIBLE problems?!?!?!?......................oompa

but with all the pains that can come from drinking....that is ok!....how else could they cope?....lol

not that there is anything wrong with moderate drinking and an occasional wild time...imo

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Why would they say no kids? Dont they know that if they didnt get born ins, they would have no membership.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit