Rutherford 1942 "Don't have kids till after Armagedon...Watchtower 2008 same advice!! Sick!

by Witness 007 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I was shocked to read in the "Witnesses only" study Watchtower this stupid Rutherford policy was STILL in place, compare.

Rutherfords last book "Children" {ironic title} 1942 - Page 281 "Wait until after Armagedon to bring children into the world...it is only afew years...until Armagedon...those with infants will have greater woe...it will be a far greater difficulty to care for them during the Tribulation..."

So if you were 20 years old in 1942 and waited......till 2011.....do the math.

Wachtower 2008 April 15 P.19 "Heading: "Single and childless for a Noble purpose." ...numerous couples have decided to remain childless...to remain free to serve Jehovah...putting Kingdom interests above some of the privledges that go with marriage...Jehovah will not forget...THERE WILL BE A GREAT TRIBULATION...IT WILL BE A DIFFICULT TIME FOR US ADULTS AND CHILDREN ALIKE..."

No progress!! So MANY have lost out on having kids due to this stupid Watchtower ideal!

• sizemik
    sizemik

They've got a bloody cheek still trotting this one out . . . how many childless older ones are feeling robbed already? I would have thought that the survival of the cult now depends on members having children. When you consider the fucked up life born-ins end up grappling with . . . maybe it's a good thing.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

THERE WILL BE A GREAT TRIBULATION...IT WILL BE A DIFFICULT TIME FOR US ADULTS AND CHILDREN ALIKE..."

Just what is the point in serving a god who doesn't seem to be able to protect his followers from hardship at all.Ever.

Hmmmm, but it's OK for folks like Rutherford to be born and the hell with others! That makes plenty of sense. The only tribulation women will experience is birth pains. Just rattling off.

• Lore
    Lore

Well if they were correct about armageddon coming 'soon' then this would be good advice.

If they were actually serious about armageddon being just a few months/years away then they should be enforcing this advice much more strongly.

I think the fact that people ignore this advice and have kids anyway proves that they really don't think armageddon is 'just around the corner'

• Ding
    Ding

Who is hurt by following this advice -- giving up careers, selling houses, not having children to love, not planning for retirement?

It's not worldlies and Christendom! (They either don't know or don't care what the WT teaches about the nearness of Armageddon.)

No, it's faithful Jehovah's Witnesses who are hurt...

... not by Satan or by worldly persecution, but by the "faithful and discreet slave"...

... and still they follow them, thinking the organization is the only safe place to be...

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

They break out in a fresh place every so often about this one:

- during the late 1980s, the WTS was harping on about "Responsible childbearing in this time of the end."

As the Military would say, just one more example of "Sierra Squared, Delta Squared."

Bill.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    "Sierra Squared, Delta Squared."

What does that mean?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I agree that JW's shouldn't have kids....nothing to do with Armageddon...but if they're going to indoctrinate them into this cult they're better off not being born.... as a believer in reincarnation I know the same souls will find a better situation somewhere else.

Interesting that this started out coming from the same genius who was waiting for the Patriarchs at Beth-Sarim in 1925.....

I'd like to know what he was adding to his booze....

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No children. That also means no one to pass on your family. No one to leave an inheritance to--leaving it to the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery does not count. No one to care for you when you get older--whether materially, by helping out, or even emotionally. Instead, you simply rot and get old in this system, waiting in vain for the new one.

The advice didn't work then. It doesn't work now. This goes as much for the no children as for no college, no preparation for a secular career, and no investment for retirement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit