Countdown to 2014

by Alfred 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alfred
    Alfred

To the governing body of jehovah's Witnesses....

The 100th anniversary of Jesus' taking the throne is 40 months away. This means you have less than 40 months to dazzle us with your verbal gymnastics and explain why Armaggeddon hasn't started yet. We realize that Freddy is no longer with us, so before releasing any "New Light TM " regarding 1914, please endeavor to be a lot more creative and make an effort NOT to insult our intelligence... (we now have more ways to call you out on your BS, so you'll need to really put your heads together on this). Surely you can pull this off within this 40-month time table. But don't even consider changing the definition of "generation" again since you already used up your last mulligan on this already early last year.

We'll be waiting... Again, please try to be a little more creative this time. Your time starts..... NOW...... Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc-Tic-Toc......

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Dear Alfred,

Thank you for your letter. It is apparent that you are concerned about the manner and timing of Christ's presence. Many sincere ones like yourself have seen the approaching of the year 2014 and have wondered "where is this promised presence of his?". You will be happy to know that the 'faithful and discreet slave class" has prayerfully and scripturally reviewed its understanding of this matter (Matt. 24:45). The scriptures clearly speak of Christs thousand year reign that will result in all nations blessing themselves. This apparently began in 1914 when the Lord Jesus ascended into Kingdom power.

The scriptures indicate that mankind will attain to perfection in a gradual manner. Evidently, this is to be understood in a spiritual context. Since 1914 our understanding of the scriptures and Jehovah's will has greatly increased (Prov. 4:18). We have been blessed with a spiritual paradise and loving leadership by Jesus' co-rulers the modern day Governing Body. The evidence shows that we are now living in the time of the mellenial reign. Truly people of all nations have been blessed by this loving arrangement!

With these things in mind it is evident that we are now 100 years into Christ mellenial reign. We have been blessed with a spiritual paradise and the knowledge of the perfect will of God. How grateful we are that we have chosen to be subjects of this Kingdom and have recognized the means to salvation that Jehovah has provided. May we all do our best to help everyone around us recognize and share with us in the blessings of Christ's 1000 year reign!

Your Brothers

Co- rulers for a Kingdom

Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

• bob1999
    bob1999

Sorry to steal your thread but the WTS taught that 1874 was the date of Christ's presence until 1930.

The time of the Lord’s second presence dates from 1874...

(The Harp of God 1921 p. 231)

The Scriptures show that the second presence (of the Lord) was due in 1874... This proof shows that the Lord has been present since 1874...

(WT March 1, 1923 p. 67)

Surely there is not the slightest room for doubt that in the mind of a truly consecrated child of God that the Lord Jesus Christ is present and has been since 1874.

(WT January 1, 1924 p. 5)

The second coming of the Lord therefore began in 1874...

(Creation 1927 pp. 289, 291, 297, 298, 318)

The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.

(Prophecy 1929 p. 65)

So they are coming up on 140 years.....

BTW the whole organization is a insult to intelligence from the start.

Peace

• Joliette
    Joliette

...and the clock is ticking.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Stuckinamovement...

Did you open my mail? I got an almost identical letter about 7 months ago from the Patterson, NY branch...

I guess the Service Dept really does cut/paste responses to correspondence....

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

LOL @ Alfred. No I just figured I would add some bullshit, sprinkle it with a dash of condencension, and top it off with some arrogance.

Pretty typical from the letters I have seen.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

...tic-toc-tic-toc...

As an 'insider' this subject fascinates me. Personally, I get the feeling that 2014 is like the 800 lb gorilla/elephant in the room. Nobody really wants to address this. It is an embarrassment.
    Just a quick story:
    Out in service with a bright, young pioneer sister about 6 months ago...
    She said,"the new system can only be 5 or 10 years away tops, if what the society says about the generation is true"
    I had to bite my tongue.
    "Let's go to Starbucks"

...tic-toc-tic-toc-tic-toc........

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Maybe we can throw a big party on January 1st, 2014 to celebrate the big anniversary...the anniversary of Jesus sitting around and doing nothing for 100 years!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree that this is hanging over the heads of many JWs. They might not admit it, and I fully expect the GB to ignore it for the most part (they might give the 100 year anniversary a nod in a completely unrelated article), but when that year hits a lot of those who had harbored doubts will probably jump ship.

We will notice here if it happens or not. We get what, around 3 new posters a week introducing themselves, right? (Only Simon knows how many new people actually register.) So when that increases to 4 or 5 or more we'll know.

It is important to remember that it is extremely unlikely that the Watchtower will report a decline in numbers no matter what happens. The decline after 1975 was underreported I would imagine and this current GB seems to have no qualms about dishonesty at all.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, they have to get through 2012. There are more people believing in December 21, 2012 than that May 21, 2011 crap--since it is based on the Mayan calendar and not just stupid interpretations of the Bible. The Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery needs to get busy making their interpretations of what is going to happen then--perhaps Armageddon. (Of course, it will fail, just like all their other predictions.) After that one goes bust, then they can worry about 2014.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit