Countdown to 2014

by Alfred 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWJunky
    JWJunky

Hmmmm I wonder if in 2014 the brothers and sisters will be selling their cars and homes for cheap cause I could always use a good bargin. Also on another note sense the signs are going to be protrayed can they also quit their meaningful jobs cause i always come across someone needing employment:)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Tick... tock...

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if the WT have done enough to play down the significance of 100 years of only two things happening, namely not much, and sod all ?

Will 2014 slip by and the active JW's not notice ?

I think that will probably be the case, 1975, a year much trumpeted by the WT, came and went and most JW's didn't bat an eyelid, a few left, and a good number became "slackers" from the WT's harsh-taskmaster point of view, but it didn't provoke a huge exodus.

I think any who stay in now, with the absolute shite they are supposed to believe, overlapping generations and the huge pile of manure that is the July WT, I think such ones are beyond all hope.

The WT will probably revive the old nonsense that they spewed after the failure of 1975: "Well, just think, we must be that much closer now !".

A name change may be called for, Jehovah's Numpties.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Phizzy:

I wonder if the WT have done enough to play down the significance of 100 years of only two things happening, namely not much, and sod all ?

I'm not so sure their November 15 Watchtower really plays down 2014... It seems like they're hedging their bets between 'say something malevolent just in case' and 'don't specifically mention 1914'.

• Quendi
    Quendi

If the Governing Body is smart, they’ll downplay 2014 and the centenary of Christ’s enthronement all they can. As it is, I’m sure the rank-and-file are doing plenty of speculating on their own. Witnesses are growing tired and their zeal is flagging. Many are simply going through the motions nowadays because there is nothing left to hope for. Those hopes were dashed in 1975 for those of us who remember the frenzy associated with that date. They failed again when the turn of the century/millennium came and went without Armageddon’s thunder too. Real hope has been replaced by wishful thinking, but that is what is keeping the average Witness going these days.

Quendi

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

I have had friends comment on 2014. Many are already speculating. The CO gave a talk saying that one reason for discouragement may be the thinking that 2014 is 100 years from 1914.

ILTTATT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit