Need your shunning experiences, written or on video

by jwfacts 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I have added a new page at http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/experiences/shunning-experiences.php with short experiences from people who have been shunned. I would like more to add. Please feel free to post comments on how you are being treated and the affect it is having on their lives.

I also want to make jwfacts more interesting for people that don't like to read, and start putting up a few short videos. I would love it if you can record yourself discussing your shunning experiences. Short is best, possibly just 30 seconds or so. It can be done in any format and does not have to be professional, for example an iphone recording is perfect. Please PM me for details of how to email me, or we can arrange for the clips to be loaded on a file sharing site. Even easier these days is to save it to youtube and I can rip it down from there.

Please note that I do not want to offend anyone, but that I cannot guarantee I will add every experience, as I have a certain tone to the site that I try to abide by.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Don't be shy. You don't need to reveal any personal information. In the video I am happy to distort your voice and darken out your features if required.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I'm sure nugget will be happy to share her sister's reaction when we phoned her to tell her we were DF'd!

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

No one will recognise you if you wear one of these:

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Well I would, except that I shunned them.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Surely someone has a heart wrenching moment that they can share.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Yes. Very hurtful. Many times I was unable to spend any time with, or talk on the phone with(with a few isolated exceptions miraculously), my little sister , who has Down's Syndrome and cannot just stand up for herself to my family. My JW family is keeping us from each other.

And the usual fanatical shunning with the explaination that it is for them a preparation for my eventual death at armageddon. My family loves to throw the shock and horror death talk tactic alongside the "everybody misses you", and "YOU know what to do" to see us all again. They make sure to always have a condescending tone, as if my life is pointless and futile, and my opinions and individuality mean zero...unless I carry the brand JW.

It takes everything in me to not react to them like a crazed woman when they come onto me with that predictable mentality! I usually end up in tears after we have any conversation.

I'll see about getting something together for you. I'll see if I can put some of this into clear form.

I feel very passionately about this subject, it is absolutely an emotionally abusive tool!!!!!!

I have grown to Hate and Abhor the Jehovah's Witness Religion with all my broken heart. They have stolen my family, they have stolen some good friends, they have created a perfect nitemare for any honest, good-hearted person. The religion is perverse in its Lies and Manipulations.

I daydream about the fall of the religion~

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

FFF, I am sorry to hear what you are going through, it is very sad. Thanks, what you write is exactly what I was after.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

(((((FFF)))))) My heart goes out to you.

I have a shunning story but it's not due to df'ing (but was done by my father - a JW).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

BP, please tell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit