The Generation(s) That Wasted Their Lives

by undercover 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Mine started in 1955...the end would come before I would finish high school...or a short time after in 1975 well that has long since past.

It is amazing how quickly time passes....56 years later and waking up (fully) just a year ago.

How could I of been so weak-minded? So controlled, so trusting?…I’ve since taken control of everything that I can.

SHAME ON THEM they make me sick...

Sw

• jam
    jam

Fortunately I got out in time, but my family still in

what A waste. When I see my Brother(elder) I can

see in his face, he is not happy. My Ex and husband

no retirement, no hope. We all came in around the

early 70,s , we were all adults. In years pass when

A JW would see someone that had left the JW, WoW

did you see him or her, they look so old or tired, thats

what happen when you leave Jehovah.

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Breakfast of Champions-- I remember worrying armageddon would come before the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy was released. Let me just say, Return of the King was worth putting off armageddon.

Last winter I was giving a massage to a sister from another hall who doesn't know I have faded. She has waited tables her whole adult life and now her body is breaking down. She needs regular massage but can only afford two a year, when she is in so much pain she can't work any more. She is in her 50's but she looks much younger, so I asked her why she doesn't get another job that's easier on her body. She told me she has considered going back to school, but worries about not spending as much time as possible in the ministry. She said, "What if armageddon is only six months away? I should spend the time wisely." Well, it's six months later...and we're still here. But I bet if I talked to her she would predict another six months. Sometimes I wonder if they don't deserve what they get.

• sizemik
    sizemik
    They feel sorry for us, we feel sorry for them.

A true double perspective BluesBrother . . .

When we were in . . . we believed we were going to live forever and believed we were the lucky ones.

Now that were out . . . we know we're going to get old and die and we know we are the lucky ones.

Strange isn't it.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

1959 was when I was told I would play with lions & tigers..........ride elephants in paradise.

1959..... I was 5, never heard anything like it before.........my childish imagination loved it!

I told my friends & my teacher about it at infant school.

Thus started the road to constant disillusionment regarding everything the Watchtower Society ever proclaimed or said.

• prophecor
    prophecor

It's coming. With out Question. Not in the "Boomer Generation" maybe, but it will be here. We didn't get caught up in the lie, so much as in the dream that we were the only ones to figure out the End from the middle. JW's got a lot of the story straight regarding the truth of the scriptures, the other 33.3% percent, however they got complrtely ass backward. ( other sheep, 144,000, et.al.) You couldn't tell us anything because we had the only answer for a world gone Madd. The world is going to get demonstrably worse as time continues on. It will not get any better.

Over 6,000 years of human existence in various stages stupidity, mindlessness and running away from the reality of God, will all but guarantee man's failure to get it right. He has never figured it out up to now, and God will certainly prove man a liar, as to his ability and capacity to sucessfully live without His direction. We can not forever thumb our nose at our Creator. Man's time here continues to be a testimony to the fact, that life lived in absence of his Creator is guaranteed for none other than failure. We are but mortar for bricks in a continuing wall of time, that God is from everlasting to everlasting. Only in his due time will He bring us to that awesome place where we can live under his rule as he would have had for us from the begining.

Your rotten vegetables and fruit may now be launched!!!

• d
    d

I got out in 2008 and that was the Recession was starting so the fears of Armageddon were the talk in the KH but by then I started to distance myself from those people.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Usually, they end up destitute. I know of a family of witlesses that were born-ins (the mother, grandmother, and daughters were all born in). The grandmother died of Alzheimers. The others are still waiting--they believed that they would never graduate from high school--the daughters (probably still single and still living with their parents, based on what I can gather from a phone book) are around 30 now. They cut back drastically on their income to pio-sneer. They were all looking forward to living in the New Dark Ages, and now it has not come. In the meantime, they gave up everything that was fun so they could pio-sneer.

What I see for them, and so many others like them, is nothing but destitution. They didn't put anything away for the future (whether in paper assets or hard physical assets, or a combination of the above). They didn't develop a marketable skill. They even cut back on the few things that could have rounded them out a bit. So, they are going to realize that they totally lack any merit--they accomplished nothing worthwhile, and refused to accept any of life's bounties. Instead, they are going to have to work right up to a (probably) early death because they don't have the time to work (to support themselves and their aging parents) and pio-sneer.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Good thoughts!

Mrs Punk works in healthcare with mostly JW's in old age care.

A few weeks ago MRs Punk said that the JW's have that look of 'kingdom hope' on their faces.

Today she told me that most of them were on anti-depressants from BEFORE they came into care.

...............WTF? Cognitive dissonance?

• kimbo
    kimbo

only 5 years

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit