Lies about Suicides in Congregations

by EXMS 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• Quendi
    Quendi

Undercover: I am sorry for your loss as well, but am glad that we both found the strength to continue on. The "spiritual paradise" the WTS constantly prates about is no better than the "worker's paradise" the old Soviet Union used to brag about. Indeed, the effect both have had on their respective rank and file has been identical in my view.

Talesin: I appreciate your kind words. Sharing ourselves with others, both the good and bad, is very therapeutic.

LHG: When Tom refused to go to the elders right before his death, I did not then understand why he had such animosity toward them. Years later, when I was haled to a judicial committee with my own problems, I finally discerned the reason. I was condemned in no uncertain terms and then told that while the elders personally wanted to be "merciful" they had "no choice" but to disfellowship me. I think Tom heard much the same. He was never df'd, but his treatment doubtless made him feel unwanted, unaccepted, and unloved.

Quendi

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

You made valid points... And if that was what the elder said, then it was a bold-faced lie.

On the matter of firearms, I know several JW's who own not just hunting rifles, but handguns and assault rifles. There was an article in a magazine (maybe a QFR?) about the use of guns a few years ago...and it talked about using them for hunting food, etc. In the end it was left as a conscience matter, with a peppering of "watch out that you don't stumble anyone". However, it was my assumption that the article was speaking of hunting rifles for, well, hunting food. But the aforementioned JW's claim their other weaponry is "in case we're in the woods and come across a bear and need to shoot quick"...

Interestingly, none of these JW's hunt.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

Garsh Darn double post

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The reason why talks given at memorials for JWS who've committed suicide get twisted into half truths is they do not want to

recognize that the organization did nothing to impede this destructive behavior.

After all there is an image that the organization is trying to uphold and maintain.

The Watchtower Corporation is indirectly responsible for causing thousands of suicides, derived mostly from depression,

anxiety due to family break downs, social denial regarding personal sexual identities, the list is a long one.

I know of three young teens who took their life in and around 1975, when the WTS. hyped that year of the destruction of the

world and all of its inhabitants.

Commercialized religion can be a dirty business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit