Just finished the DVD

by EntirelyPossible 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

What a piece of work. Couple of thoughts....

- I know they aren't in it for the money, but not a single member of the GB was wearing less than a $700 fitted suit. Might have been more expensive and tailored, couldn't tell. How many of you get fitted suits for free?

- Morris tried to draw the distinction between spirit guided and spirit inspired. What a crock.

- Splane made specific reference to the "modern" history showing they were hungry to do Jehovahs will, then they cut in a scene of him saying something else to finish the thought. They can't even honestly use quotes from their own GB.

- I like how they show two black sisters smiling and nodding in the re-enactment of one of Rutherford's speeches from the early 30's. Yeah, they were so integrated back then.

All in all, more whitewash bullshit.

• rebel8
    rebel8

What DVD?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The new JDub dvd they are giving out this year. The self promoting DVD that whitewashed their history to make them seem like poor, persecuted sould that just love god

• alanv
    alanv

The society have released a second dvd at the witnesses district assemblies.

The thing that is very clear to anyone who has an open mind ,is that the society only show what they want people to hear in the dvd. Most of their past errors are never mentioned.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

DVD's will be the big thing for releases at conventions. It is now considerably way cheaper to hand each family a disc than to hand each person a book.

As far as the $700 suits, it's good to be kings (or cult leaders).

"Spirit guided" vs. "Spirit inspired" is a crock. It is just a change in words so they can spin to allow for error but not allow other religions to have error.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Yes, spirit guided VS spirit inspired, the king of all JW semantics. You see, my friends the sky isnt blue, instead its the primary color thats not red or green.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

fitted suit

Bethel has an EXCELLENT alterations department. As a result, most Bethel brohers have fitted suits.

• therevealer
    therevealer

A N D one other thing they have at Bethel. They have an excellent department for alterations to the bullshit they have published in the past.

• VM44
    VM44

"...not a single member of the GB was wearing less than a $700 fitted suit."

The Watchtower has always been concerned about outward appearances and looking good.

Content comes second.

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

I just watched the DVD too. I think they are making these propaganda pieces to combat the Internet. Any rational person met in service who shows any interest would obviously look up the Watchtower online. Until he gets seriously involved, he won't really know how to research or what subjects to search for, to get to the bottom of what the JWs really teach or their true history. I know I tried before I joined and I found 6 Screens and some nutty fundie sites, which just solidified in my mind that "apostates" are mentally diseased and demon-possessed.

The DVDs mention a lot of the things that should be damning, but downplay and spin them into the same positive BS they do in the magazines. It's also a preemptive strike on "apostate" information. A JW simpleton who is confronted with failed prophecies, insane teachings, the hostile take-over by Rutherford, Beth Sarim, etc..., can honestly (in their mind) reply "Yeah, I already know all about that."

In JWland, they really believe an honest, unbiased study of JW history and doctrine can be had with only JW literature. It's astounding, the hypocrisy, when JWs tell outsiders all about their religion from JW literature, exposing the lies. But when they research their own religion, use only insider material. I'm not sure if JWs are insane, lazy, or just plain stupid; maybe some combination.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit