What was your favorite job in your lifetime?

by Iamallcool 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

It is not about the money.

• talesin
    talesin

Teaching.

No, pawnbroker.

NAW,,, pizza cook! mmmmm,,, 'za !

t

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Did you eat free pizzas while you were employed as a cook?

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

My current job. I was a serious airplane nerd as a kid.

Now I work in aviation. Everyday is fun, different and most of all a challenge.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Para-Transit. Driving those who were more comfortable in a 16 passenger mini bus, than they were riding regular public transportation. They were the disabled, and senior citzen community that we served. Sometimes you could really get a pulse for the way folks felt, that go un-noticed. Invisible to much of the community. It wasn't about the money at all. I felt I was doing a service that was truly needed in the community, and I took the job very seriously.

Some nights I would get a little choked up from hearing the life stories of some of the folks. One woman, riding to take her son back to the nursing home really had an effect on me. He was hit by a stray bullet in the prime of his twenties, having to be carted in a carroll chair, unable to effectively comunicate more than gutteral grunts and groans. He was shot on this woman's wedding anniversary. Drove the nail straight home for me. Helped me to realise just how fortunate I've been in this life. It felt like being in ministry, but from an entirely different perspective.

• talesin
    talesin

Every day of my life,,,, double pepp & mushroom ,,, or a nice Greek w/ feta and artichoke hearts. We also have 'donairs' here, which is a Lebanese treat similar to American 'gyros', and a great favorite of the late-nite drunks. LOL

t

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Pizza delivering. Not joking.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Had more jobs than i remember but i have a top 3...

1. Orthotic Technition.......1 year and left to look after my recently widowed mother

2. Mold maker................14 years and the boss is now my best mate

3. Corvette Restorer.........4 years self employed from home

oz

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

When I was 16, I got a job pumping gas at the gas station across the street from my house. It was the least stressful, most fun I've ever had in a job. I have a ton of great memories of that place.

I still have a bit of the JW mentality in that I consider my job to be something I do to support the things I really want to do in life. My job isn't my life, and I've never had a job that I loved so much that the money became irrelevant. I wish it could be like that, but I've never been able to achieve it. My goal in getting a job now is to make enough money to keep afloat while enduring the least possible aggravation. That's why I gave up management years ago in favor of sales. I could surely make more money as a manager, but I refuse to work the 60 hour weeks, on call weekends, etc.

• moshe
    moshe

Wet tee shirt contest judge, alas, I was just a fill in judge for one night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit