Who drove the Christendom Car in Field Service?

by prophecor 22 Replies latest jw friends

• burnedout
    burnedout

I used our 4 door car and also my Camaro IROC-Z Convertible (for RV's on Sunday after the meeting)

It was fun to hear the different comments about the Camaro... ' That looks like Satan's car', 'It's pretty cool to have the WT Conductor come to the meeting in his Camaro with the top down!'

My response? 'I did the WT and now I am going to try to start a BS, what do you want from me?' then a little rev from the V-8...

Nobody complained about my convertible after the PO got a Mercedes SL 500 ragtop.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

I never recall this being any sort of an issue during my time with the JWs:

- the first car that I ever owned was a two door, and everybody was happy enough to travel around in that (sure beat walking, anyway!)

- in one congregation I was with, there was a large family, whose car was a tiny Fiat Bambina (i.e. not much more than an enclosed motorcycle!) Somehow, they managed to jam everybody into that.

Never, though, did I ever hear either of these vehicles being described as "unspritual" - and definitely not "Christendom cars."

Then again, maybe this all reflects how long it now is since I told the Borg where to go!

Bill

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow Bungi Bill, around here, young people who buy <4-door cars are nearly undateable and everything. It's a big, big deal!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit