Who drove the Christendom Car in Field Service?

by prophecor 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Hah, I had a mini van because I had a lot of children and needed all of the seats. I was expected to drive it and drive for service. Toward the end of my involvement with the JWs, I started bringing my two door, next- to- impossible-to- get -out -of- the- back-seat, standard shift sport car. The teens wanted to go out with me, but for SOME REASON I was never directed to drive when I had that car.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

@Hoser: That is so true! Chinese Fire Drill!

Just to add, the brothers were judgmental when a younger brother or sister got a sports car. It was the talk of the brothers in the minivan.

• undercover
    undercover
    Where I live even a four door car is not spiritual enough.
    The real spiritual publishers have minivans.

I loathed and loved the minivan at the same time.

As a motor vehicle, I despised it's boxy look, it's weak powerplant, it's horrible handling.

But then - all the 'friends' started buying them for service. They no longer wanted to go out in my regular 4 door sedan. At first I was a bit miffed. I liked driving in service. It took my mind off the mindless babble in the back seat and the brain numbing activity we were in.

But after going out a few times in the minivan, I realized it's potential. I never had to put wear and tear on my car again. I never had to fill up on a Saturday morning. And best of all - you could pack 6 to 8 people in a mini-van. Those are good numbers when working RVs or rural driving territory. It took longer to come back around to your turn when there was double the people in the group than before.

While I never owned one (and never will) I was glad that the rest of God's chil'ren bought em.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It took longer to come back around to your turn when there was double the people in the group than before.

And that's exactlywhy I tried to go with the group that had the minivan.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

And best of all - you could pack 6 to 8 people in a mini-van.

It was always so unbelievably embarrassing when we would park and the van doors would hurl open and about 10 people of every color, size and age would all fall out with their little territory card, bible, pencils and back call slips. What a comical sight for all the neighbors who were scurrying to close blinds, lock doors and hide as fast as possible.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I had a 2 door vehicle and a 4 door vehicle. I used them both and no one complained. But I told them, jockingly (and grinning awkwardly), that those who have a problem with any of my cars can walk. And my mouth laughed so that they may understand it was a joke. But my eyes told the truth: I was serious.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

It was always so unbelievably embarrassing when we would park and the van doors would hurl open and about 10 people of every color, size and age would all fall out with their little territory card, bible, pencils and back call slips. What a comical sight for all the neighbors who were scurrying to close blinds, lock doors and hide as fast as possible.

I just got a visual of that LOL. It's funny as I've never taken into consideration what the householders see when we get out of the van.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

George, looks something like this:

No offense to anyone, lol.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

LOL Nomad!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Christendom Car

LOL, good one. I will add that to the next update of the Apostate Dictionary .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit