FOIA request for Obama's SS records

by moshe 92 Replies latest social current

• moshe
    moshe

Will these birthers never give up?

WND Exclusive A QUESTION OF ELIGIBILITY
    Obama critic coming closer to Social Security records?
    Judge advances FOIA dispute over application for Connecticut number
    Posted: June 04, 2011
    12:00 am Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2011 WND

President Barack Obama in the Oval Office April 4, 2011

Much information has been reported - and much more still is being sought - about Barack Obama's original birth documentation, and whether it reveals his eligibility to be president under the Constitution's requirement those in the Oval Office be a "natural born Citizen."

But under the radar of most new organizations a case has been moving forward in Washington, D.C., through which California attorney Orly Taitz is seeking the original application for Obama's Social Security number, a document that could reveal a multitude of factors about the president's early life.

U.S. District Court Chief Judge Royce Lamberth this week rejected a defense concern over procedure in the dispute, and Taitz told WND today the case has moved into discovery and she can issue subpoenas to those holding the documentation she is seeking.

Get the New York Times best-seller "Where's the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama Is Not Eligible to be President," by Jerome Corsi.

WND previously has reported on the issue that Obama holds a Connecticut-based Social Security number despite allegedly being born in Hawaii, starting his work career in the Aloha State, and never having lived in Connecticut.

For those who never wondered about how Social Security Numbers are generated, the first three digits represent the state of the recipient's mailing address. In other words, if you live or work in Connecticut, for example, the first three digits of your SSN will correspond to the Connecticut code.

(Story continues below)

The first three digits of Obama's SSN are 042. That code of 042 falls within the range of numbers for Connecticut, which according to the Social Security Administration has been 040 through 049.

The national news media has been virtually silent on this potentially criminal fact.

Indeed, when Fox News finally attempted to explain it, it broadcast false information and then scrubbed it from its website.

When WND asked the White House about it, then-Press Secretary Robert Gibbs dodged the question.

Taitz' case is against Social Security commissioner Michael Astrue and explains that because of the multitude of questions surrounding Obama's eligibility, his birth certificate and his other records, the Freedom of Information Act request was submitted.

The Social Security Administration rejected it, and that decision was affirmed by a district court ruling that found the administrative procedures still had a course to run. But that now has been completed and the case is before Lamberth again.

He ruled this week that FOIA actions "are exempt" from a local court "meet and confer" requirement and he gave Astrue 30 days to file "any dispositive motions."

The federal government had argued that Taitz' process to subpoena individuals with access to the long-sought documentation was out of order, but the court ruling means it is within procedures.

According to a report in the Post & Email online blog, Taitz reported, "We're now in discovery, so I can issue subpoenas."

That is a level that no other case challenging Obama's eligibility or birth certificate ever has reached.

She said she already has contacted the Hawaii Department of Health, which is custodian of Hawaiian records, about her requests, and she said another recipient very well could be the White House.

She noted that White House Counsel Robert Bauer resigned that post just yesterday, and suggested Bauer might not have wanted to be deposed regarding questions about Obama's "Certificate of Live Birth," a document presented to the nation as genuine when the White House released it on April 27.

However, a multitude of experts have said it is a document assembled on computer and unlikely to be legitimate.

Taitz suggested that Bauer's move back into private practiced may have been speeded by worries over the eligibility dispute.

In fact, Jerome Corsi, Ph.D., and author of "Where's the Birth Certificate? The Case that Barack Obama Is Not Eligible to be President," said he's convinced Bauer's move is because he fears the "Certificate of Live Birth" document would not stand up to the scrutiny of any serious investigation.

Corsi believes Bauer "felt compelled" to resign because of the growing substance to worries that the eligibility issue will blow up into a full-scale investigation.

"Bauer sent Perkins and Coie attorneys to Honolulu to pick up from the Hawaii Department of Health what he believed would be two certified copies of Obama's 1961 long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate," Corsi said. "When the White House released to the public the birth certificate in the form of a PDF computer file obviously created on Adobe software and a Xerox copy, Bauer realized the Hawaii DOH had participated in the fraud."

He said he had been tipped off early in February that a long-form birth document for Obama had been forged and that the document was to be released.

"The information came from a mole within the Hawaii DOH who had been examining the vault logbook for months," Corsi explained. "Until just prior to February 24, no Obama long-form hospital-generated birth record could be found in the Hawaii DOH."

As WND has reported, there long have been concerns about the Social Security number.

"There is obviously a case of fraud going on here," says Ohio licensed private investigator Susan Daniels. "In 15 years of having a private investigator's license in Ohio, I've never seen the Social Security Administration make a mistake of issuing a Connecticut Social Security number to a person who lived in Hawaii. There is no family connection that would appear to explain the anomaly."

Does the Social Security Administration ever re-issue Social Security numbers?

"Never," Daniels told Corsi. "It's against the law for a person to have a re-issued or second Social Security Number issued."

Daniels said she is "staking my reputation on a conclusion that Obama's use of this Social Security Number is fraudulent."

"A person who wants to hide their true identity often picks up the Social Security Number of a deceased person, thinking that nobody would ever look into it," Daniels added. "I think it was sometime in the 1980s that Obama decided to hide who he really is."

There is no indication in the limited background documentation released by the Obama 2008 presidential campaign or by the White House to establish that Obama ever lived in Connecticut.

Nor is there any suggestion in Obama's autobiography, "Dreams from My Father," that he ever had a Connecticut address.

Also, nothing can be found in the public record that indicates Obama visited Connecticut during his high-school years.

An affidavit filed by Colorado private investigator John N. Sampson specifies that as a result of his formal training as an immigration officer and his 27-year career in professional law enforcement, "it is my knowledge and belief that Social Security Numbers can only be applied for in the state in which the applicant habitually resides and has their official residence."

Daniels told WND she believes Obama had a different Social Security Number when he worked as a teenager in Hawaii prior to 1977.

"I doubt this is President Obama's originally issued Social Security Number," she told WND. "Obama has a work history in Hawaii before he left the islands to attend college at Occidental College in California, so he must have originally been issued a Social Security Number in Hawaii."

The published record available about Obama indicates his first job as a teenager in Hawaii was at a Baskin-Robbins in the Makiki neighborhood on Oahu. USA Today reported the ice-cream shop still was in operation one year after Obama's inauguration.

Just last month some 11 months after WND began publicizing Obama's Connecticut-based SSN, Bill O'Reilly of the Fox News Channel briefly addressed the issue while reading his viewer mail on the air.

Unfortunately for O'Reilly, the news anchor falsely asserted the president's father lived in Connecticut.

In his viewer email segment April 13, O'Reilly was asked: "What about Obama having a Connecticut Social Security Number? He never lived there."

"His father lived in Connecticut for several years," O'Reilly claimed, adding that "babies sometimes get numbers based on addresses provided by their parents."

In reality, there is no evidence Barack Obama Sr. ever lived in Connecticut. He left Hawaii in 1962 to study at Harvard in Massachusetts and then returned to his home country of Kenya.

When WND publicized O'Reilly's major error, the information vanished from the Fox News Channel's website, as well as BillOReilly.com.

-http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=306873

------------------------------

I have always depended on Snopesdotcom to separate fact from fiction, but they are silent about this one.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Pray tell what proof there is for a Connecticut Socail Securitg Number? This entire thing is a fantasy. I never would say McCain was not natural born even though he was born out of the terroritial US. It is my belief he was born around a base. Maybe at a local hospital rather than the base facility. Jouralists are the most competitive bunch I have ever seen. Worse than doctors, lawyers, even politicans. It is not a genteel profession.

No matter what Obama releases or explains, other fantasies will pop out. They are not rooted in fact but bias. The man isn't even a full black. His father was so dark, he has a lot of his mon's coloring.

Does anyone have an explanation for the natural born requirement? The ties between England and the colonies were extraordinarily close, considering the hard Atlantic crossing. Many people could claim both countries as their home. I know for a fact that the chief motivation was fear of Hamilton succeeding Washington. He was born illegitimate in the West Indies. Yet he was much more of a founder than anyone in his generation. What is the underlying principle behind natural born? When the const'n was ratified, England's soil was depleted and poverty was extreme and prevalent. No one who worked in the colonies were poor as in Europe. Land was rich and plentiful.

It isn't tied to American parentage but to the land itself. A bit strange to me. Americans worshipped fee simple absolute, outright ownership, rather than the confusing feudal tenures in Britain.

Soon, people will say OBama can't be president b/c of his clothing style. There is no forum to resolve this except at the voting booth. The vast majortiy of Americans see no proof that Obama was foreign born. He does have more foreign ties than recent presidents which is a strong attraction for me. We could use a more cosmpolitan president than Bush but he is firmly American in outlook. Does no one on the other side see a coincidence between his race and this folly.

The const'n may assert certain things but a category of cases are seen as so political that a third branch cannot resolve them. They are called nonjusticiable. All those power hungry GOP senators and congresspersons could impeach and try him. It is so silly on its face but no one is laughing now.

It reminds me of the Know Nothings in the past. Of course, it veers to WAco and McVeigh. It precludes debate on the pressing issues of the day. Trump looked like an a--. after Bin Laden. Behold the lion king.

• moshe
    moshe
    Pray tell what proof there is for a Connecticut Socail Securitg Number?

Obama's Selective Service application has the SS number in question on it. (another story in itself) Private detectives who do this for a living, report it's a Connecticut SS number. The gist of the case is- the original SS application for that SS number will show who actually applied for that number- Obama, or as some think, an elderly person In Connecticut. If Obama's name is on the application- case closed.

If not, well, the vultures will begin circling.

• hubert
    hubert

If it's gone this far, there probably is something to this. Time will tell.

Hubert

• moshe
    moshe

Dr. Orly Taitz, ESQ

29839 Santa Margarita Pkwy, ste 100

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688

ph 949-683-5411 fax 949-766-7603

[email protected]

Loretta Fuddy

Director of Health Department

State of Hawaii

1250 Punchbowl str. Room 325

Honolulu HI 96813

Re: UIPA request for Long form Birth certificate for Virginia Sunahara

Dear Ms. Fuddy,

According to the state public records law, Uniform Information practices act, found in chapter 92F, Hawaii revised statutes, I am requesting a certified copy of the original long form birth certificate for Virginia Sunahara, born August 4, 1961 in Honolulu HI, deceased August 5, 1961, Honolulu HI.

Sincerely

Dr. Orly Taitz, ESQ

• blondie
    blondie

I work with SSNs all day long. The prefix does not prove anything but where the person was living when they applied for their SSN. I did not apply for mine until I was 17 and started my first job, a long ways from where I was born. It has only been recently that parents get a SSN for their children at the time of their birth for tax purposes.

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10023.html#why

• moshe
    moshe

Some snippets from the Internet about Obama's SS#

Daniels sent me a copy of the hand-written application of the individual who held the number immediately before Obama's, 042-68-4424. The applicant, Thomas Wood, died at age 19, which is why his information is available.

Wood's Social Security number was issued sometime between March and May of 1977. Obama would turn 16 in August of that year. Wood lived on Glenview Drive in Newington, Conn., the state from which all "042s" applied. Obama lived in Hawaii.

his first job-

1975 or 1976 - ice cream scooper, Baskin-Robbins - Honolulu - Obama claims to have lost his taste for ice cream during this, his first job, the duration of which is not publicly known.

Questions being asked are: So what SS# did he work under in 1975-76? Why does he use a SS# issued in 1977 to a Conn. address?

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Unless he broke the law, and I see no advantage to saying he was from Conn., I don't give a damn. Next week it will be he can't be president b/c of his shoe size. I should ignore these threads. Anyone can post anything on the Internet. Has anyone heard about evaluating sources for probity and agenda?

• moshe
    moshe

The deceased infant, Virginia Sunahara, is suspected (a crazy theory) of being the source of the registration number used on Obama's COLB. I don't see how it could have been done, but I also see no harm in getting this birth record, which should vindicate that Obama's COLB is legitimate.

At any rate, truth will prevail and I hope the Birther/SS# conspiracy arguments are all settled in the next few months. We don't need another Watergate type of Presidential scandal.

• moshe
    moshe
    Unless he broke the law

----and if it is proven that Obama committed SS fraud, then what? Impeachment?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit