Elder body removed – Watchtower letter

by Marvin Shilmer 75 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

Fascinating as always. Thankyou!

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Cold blooded!! I've heard of whole BOEs being deleted but never actually saw such a letter. Usually when an elder is deleted or resigns they just send a form letter. I'm marking this to read the other documents.

Yeah, why would these guys get disappointed? Seriously, if I were a believer and one of those elders, that letter would just rub salt in my wounds and likely make me an unbeliever pretty quickly.

I'm so glad this is a public document so everyone can see just how vicious the WTS really is. They were deleted because they didn't want to sell the hall, right? Must have missed that part of the Timothy/Titus requirements.

No way any holy spirit is with the WTS. Just another proof.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The elders are being deleted because a congregation is being dissolved, maybe for lack of attendance as a possible reason.

The remaining congregation is being transfused into another congregation.

Whats the big deal ?

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

The time frame on that is interesting. The letter was dated 5/24/2010, but the deletion wasn't to take place until 7/1/2010. I always figured it would be an immediate thing, but I guess not. Unless this is for transitional purposes, and they're able to hold onto their position to assist the new COBOE and new elders coming in to replace them. Some of the language in that letter is interesting too.

"Obviously, your deletion as elders will be a disappointment to you. However, there s still much you can do to be an encouragement to the congregation. Your whole souled service to Jehovah is not dependent on an appointment in the congregation. The greatest privilege any human can have is sharing in the sanctification of Jehovah's name and declaring the good news of God's Kingdom."

For one thing, I thought as an organization we've moved away from the sanctification of God's name being one of our purposes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong as I thought that sort of language was no longer in vogue. Another thing, as someone else mentioned, this is like salt on the wound. It would be appropriate for one of the deleted elders to send a letter back stating, "Thanks, but no thanks. F#$# you!"

"Thus even though we are removed from a position of responsibility in Jehovah's organization for some reason, should we not cointinue to serve God in whatever capacity he permits?"

Who said God had anything to do with them being deleted? Look at the first paragraph of the letter which goes, "As you are aware, the circuit overseer and the district overseer have recommended your deletion as elders. After careful and prayerful consideration of this matter, we agree with those who have taken the difficult position that you are not qualified to serve as elders. Your deletion as elders will be effective July 1, 2010."

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

@True one- Generally in a merger of two congregations the Elder Body's would be combined in a merger. All would continue to serve as appointed elders. It is very rare for an entire body to be removed.

• sherah
    sherah

Mad Sweeney, thanks for the links. Deep stuff!

TTO said - The elders are being deleted because a congregation is being dissolved, maybe for lack of attendance as a possible reason. The remaining congregation is being transfused into another congregation. Whats the big deal ?

From my reading of the documents, this letter is a supposed forgery by the Menlo Park defendants. The letter used the defendants to silence the whistle blowers from the Menlo BOE and the keep them away from the Menlo KH and any documents contained in the files.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Thanks for posting!

The PDF files are very long. Could someone briefly explain why the BOE was deleted please. The first PDF I opened is 54 pages long.

fts

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

@True one- Generally in a merger of two congregations the Elder Body's would be combined in a merger. All would continue to serve as appointed elders.

It is very rare for an entire body to be removed.

What, why would they need so many elders for one congregation ?

If the congregation that was being dissolved was small, why would there be a need to have so many elders in one congregation.

I can remember this happening awhile back where there was such a decline of members in one Hall that they dissolved that congregation

completely and the members were placed into another hall. Sure don't recollect the elders continuing into the newly positioned congregation.

The old hall was sold and surprisingly a different religious organization bought it.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Goes to show that men don't like acquired power taken away from them even if the reasons are for the better

of the organization that originally gave it to them.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    The elders are being deleted because a congregation is being dissolved, maybe for lack of attendance as a possible reason.

It doesn't say that. It says they decided the entire elder body is "not qualified to serve as elders."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit