I'm So Pissed I Can't Go To The Convention!

by Philadelphia Ponos 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• jeckle
    jeckle

Koji jezik govorite?quale lingua?kakom yazyke govorit' ?cuales la lengua?

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, really. Back, when i was in, we went, and we knew that jehovah provided. We KNEW that. Things have changed.

S

• C6H12O6
    C6H12O6

Wow that really sucks! I guess you could...

a) ask to stay with a friend or relative in New York

b) rent a RV

c) share a hotel room with a brother

d) pony up and pay the exorbitant hotel prices

or

e) go down to penn's landing for fireworks and the all you can eat icecream festival from wawa welcome america

• Joliette
    Joliette

Ah...really? Seriously?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I can watch the news in goddam near every major language on the planet without having to immerse myself in a high control cult environment.

Just buy a ticket and go to the country.

You are just looking for excuses.

Go.

Now.

Log on to your cheapest airlines and look for a deal.

You don't need a bunch of cult members to hold your hand when you get there.

Cheers

Chris

• ballistic
    ballistic

In the UK, "I'm so pissed" means you have drunk too much alcohol, so this thread sounds like you have a bit of a drinking problem and have inadvertantly drunk too much to go to the convention.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

In the UK, "I'm so pissed" means you have drunk too much alcohol, so this thread sounds like you have a bit of a drinking problem and have inadvertantly drunk too much to go to the convention.

In England they say "pissed off". But I think they understand their American cousins.

Just re-read the thread title: I see what you mean ballistic. Hope he sobbers up for July 4th.

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yup . . . it would be an alcohol problem down under as well. Even suffered from it myself once.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Isn't it a little late to even find a room?

• Room 215
    Room 215

C'mon Philly,

Surely you can think of a more attractive way to get exposure to your second lanquage; how about movies with subtitles?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit