I'm So Pissed I Can't Go To The Convention!

by Philadelphia Ponos 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, joshua got jehovah to stop the sun when he needed more light to kill by, so it would be a small thing to get him to give you a little more money, or change the date, or free hotel. Reminds me of when jesus wanted to have a parting party w his disciples. He told his disciples to tell some inn keeper that the master needed the room, and that was that. Why not try jesus' line on the hotel management? Tell them that since you serve the master god of the universe, you are choosing to give them the privilege of hosting his servant freely at their establishment. What a privilege is theirs!

S

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

At PP, you know there are other ways to do language immersion, right?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

PP: I'm just being sarcastic, using WT language. I'm sorry that your plans fell through. Perhaps you could find a room a short drive away. If not, hopefully next year they'll pick a better date. The JWs here do the exact same thing. EVERY freaking Thanksgiving weekend -- like clockwork -- they have a Circuit Assembly. It ruins the entire holiday for working JWs.

• pirata
    pirata
    The JWs here do the exact same thing. EVERY freaking Thanksgiving weekend -- like clockwork -- they have a Circuit Assembly. It ruins the entire holiday for working JWs.

I always liked it when conventions came on a stat holiday because you didn't have to ask for time off work and explain why you were asking for time off. Yes, I had the fear of man thing going on.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I always liked the DCs on July 4th because we could see the city's fireworks better where we parked our camper on stadium grounds.

I loved assemblies.

They were just about the only vacations I ever got.

I agree, attending meetings and assemblies was how I learned to understand Spanish well.

I was unaware of any other way to get full language emersion with the people, language and culture all in one place.

I'm a people person and loved to meet new people, too.

It's a drag that I don't want to step foot in a hall even to learn the language, now.

Makes me sick to even see a hall.

'Sides, I can't hear worth spit, anyhoo.

Maybe you can try going to Spanish Mass, instead.

Another idea is to check out foreign books on tape and listen to those after reading the English version.

Just play them over and over.

That's what I did.

• drummer4scr
    drummer4scr

Im sensing A LOT of sarcasm in this thread!!!!! Too funny!

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

Yes, camp out and Jehovah will smell your sweet scent of sacrifice.. or maybe that's just your stank ;)

• sizemik
    sizemik

Can you hire a cheap camper van?

• unshackled
    unshackled

Maybe you could save on food tickets by bringing your own lunch? Oh wait...scrap that.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Maybe the brothers will put you up at their place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit