I'm So Pissed I Can't Go To The Convention!

by Philadelphia Ponos 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

Seriously! I've been planning on going to this foreign langauge District Convention for over a year and because some genius in New York planned it on July 4th weekend all the hotel prices have been jacked up making it impossible for me to attend. F**k!!!!!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Wow, really? And you want to go, why?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If you really love Jehovah, you'll find a way to get the money.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

take the week off, go fishing (for real fish)

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    If you really love Jehovah, you'll find a way to get the money.

lol, classic!

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

@serenity

After studying this language for 4 years I could of had the opportunity to be around hundreds possibly thounsands of natives speakers. Immersing myself in the language for 3 days would of been a tremendous help. I would be able to see what progress I made and I what I need to work on. I'm going to miss out on such a big opportunity. All because some idiot refuse to acknowledge worldy holidays.

@leavginWT

It's not that I love "jehovah", I love the idea of being able to speak two languages fluently.

• Reality79
    Reality79

You'll miss out on all that timely, refreshing spiritual food from the faithful and discreet slave and countless blessings....I'd be pissed too!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If it's Jehovah's will for you to attend, he will make a way for it to happen.

Some of our brothers must walk more than 10 miles, through dangerous wilderness and through water, just to attend a Book Study. They put their trust in Jehovah -- and he rewards them.

Just think how much Jehovah will bless you, even if this means taking out a loan with high interest, just so you can be in association with the most clean people on the Earth.

• pirata
    pirata

Talk to the secretary in your hall, let them know you're coming back and interested in attending the convention. They *might* let you see the recommended lodging list which has hotel discounts.

If you're doing this just to learn a language, there are more effective ways to aquire a language (classes, podcasts).

PS. when I first saw your title I thought it meant you had drank so much alcohol that you couldn't make it to the convention

• Honesty
    Honesty

Improvise.

Take a sleeping bag and a tent.

Shower at a truck stop.

Jehovah will be pleased with your sacrifice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit