Newbie here

by aristeas 24 Replies latest jw friends

Greetings, make yourself home. Every experience is worth reading and commenting on.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Nice to have you guys here. Welcome and hope to hear more.

• aristeas
    aristeas

Well, you folks ARE a friendly lot! Thx for all the comments.

I've been mulling over some of the recent changes in the organization (henceforth, O). Here are a few ideas. I'd enjoy having your reactions. Of course, if you've been enlightened and have read up on the real way things are in the O, the official reasons given are never the actual ones!

I. The real reasons for doing away with the book study:

1. It was a place where the b.s conductor could be somewhat independent, without the other elders present to constantly check on him. That idea of having other peers there to monitor each other is very big in O thinking. Might there have been a pattern of elders getting in trouble by going off on their own interpretation of the Society's policy/interpretation or even the scriptures themselves, and it started with the b.s.?

2. A pattern emerged as to pedo elders' steps to get close to the cong's children. It revealed that they often used the intimate setting of the b.s. to begin their grooming of the kids.

II. Doing away with Bethel elders.

1. The GB is worried about the constant leaks of confidential stuff never supposed to be revealed to average publishers, let alone to opposers! They have discovered that much of this comes from 'independent minded' Bethelites who were privy to some of this material b/c of being Bethel elders. Thus the clampdown & attempt to stop the moles. After all, being able to get the Branch Organization book on line must be pretty painful to loyal WT heavies!

So what do you think?

Organizationally yours!

aristeas

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, I'll bet if you left several years ago you were indeed confronted with changes. The generation of Matthew 24 has seen a lot of "new light" to the point where it is rediculous...overlapping generations....I'd explain it but to me it defies explantions.

Also...the number of annointed seems to be climbing continuously! I believe it is up to over 10,000. Others can correct me if I'm wrong. It is hard for me to keep up with the celestial chariot these days...

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome Aristeas.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit