Newbie here

by aristeas 24 Replies latest jw friends

• aristeas
    aristeas

Some forums/boards have a greetings section for newbies, but I couldn't find one here, so I guess I should post here.

I was an active Witness in the 70s and 80s but decided I couldn't conscientiously continue participating so I just dropped out. Unlke many others, I don't have Witness family. Thus it was easy to just move & drop out. For 20+ years I have kept somewhat abreast of what's been going on, but in my most recent checking in, I found the GB has completely changed. I haven't heard of a single one currently on it. I've also heard of numerous changes, like doing away with the book study and Bethel elders. I guess even among such a conservative lot, things do always change. I never would have predicted the book study thing though.

I should thank Barb Anderson for her sharing of facts and not just venting feelings (no offense intended to those who do just vent feelings here though). I find her work quite fascinating.

Well, I guess that's as good a first post as I can make right now. Still a little skittish about actually joining one of these x-JW forums, so please understand. Do active Witnesses also come here?

I did notice how few new members there are here, at least according to the members list, but then I wasn't on it yet, so maybe that's not a good indicator. But it looks like a forum of/for established members.

Cheers.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome! few members? I can't keep up? 70's 80's glad you got out!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Welcome! Yes there are active witnesses here--but they are deep undercover. Most are looking for a way out that doesn't sacrifice their families. I was a bit shocked at how many actives actually visited "apostate" sites. They really help to keep us current and some even post messages during conventions which is just funny.

Again--Welcome.

NC

• sizemik
    sizemik

welcome to the Forum aristeas . . . true, there is some venting here, but also a lot of mutual understanding and support.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome and hope you stcik around aristeas.

There is more truth posted here in one hour than what has been published by the faithful (cough, cough) slave in the last 100 years.

• aristeas
    aristeas

Thx, NewChap. Yes, from what I can tell these undercover guys/gals do provide insight into what's going on. That's why I find Barb A's stuff so intriguing. She really got into some super-secret stuff at Brooklyn. The organization truly seems to have changed their idea of what sisters can do these days. What would JFR think? Ooops, sorry, I forgot: he's probably still having his input from heaven . . .

I see several sister lawyers active in defending the Society. Then there is this sister Joline Chu (sp.?) who has written stuff on the persecution of JWs in the Nazi concentration camps. I wonder how far they will use the sisters, esp. after what happened with Barb A. I guess the policy makers are sort of in a bind. They let so many married ones stay at Bethel now that they've got all these sisters to find jobs for. After all, there are only so many billets for hairdressers and maids.

• drummer4scr
    drummer4scr

Hey newbie! This is my first post on here so i guess we are newbies together! This is a cool site because there is a pretty decent mix of people. Once in a while i come across a crazy opinion, but for the most part, i was really surprised how many people think the same way as me. I was raised a J dub, just like most people on here, and i continue to attend a random meeting here and there. My only reason for going is to keep my family happy. ( I have three sisters and two brothers and my mom and dad that still attend hardcore). I have, however, graduated into not going to the CO visits and the circuit assemblys without to much grief from them! I still go to the district convention but im hungover most days and usually end up leaving at noon. It makes me a little sad that all they care about is seeing my face there at some point during the weekend. My wife feels the same way as me but we are scared to leave "the club" because all of our family and friends are there. We have nothing outside of it. So i like this sight because i get to read comments from people who are like me! Sorry to hijack your forum aristeas! Hope to read more posts from you!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

More newies. Cool.

Hi aristeas and drummer4scr. Welcome to the forum.

Chris (Born in, never baptised)

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Welcome to the newbies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit