The brothers are only human...they make mistakes. Dont be so hard on them. (Typical J-Dub talk)

by Joliette 38 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

My dad lost control a lot and physically abused me, and my little brother, for many years. Through all of this I watched him go through the steps to become and elder within the community; I was proud of him in an odd way. Yet, I couldn't help but wonder why the witnesses felt so confident that God chooses the elders. My dad got removed for getting a DUI. Funny that it took the system to expose his "less than elder material" qualities.

That's the way it was explained to me time and time again. "Jehovah will sort it out" and when my dad was removed the abuse was not mentioned, just the fact that he got a DUI.

-Sab

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I'm basically just repeating a bunch of facebook status that I read from faithful dubs over the past couple of weeks. I gotta start deleting some facebook friends, for real!

Bad associations spoil.... you know the rest of that phrase.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Now do we want our children to die from not receiving a blood tranfusion? Of course not. But we heed to the scriptures. The scriptures is our final authority on all matter.

If Jehovah can make the moon, the sky, the lands, the seas, he can provide a job for us. It doesnt matter if we dont have secualr education, God will provide for us.

We put ourselves out of the truth. If a unbelieving parent or child says your not being fair, your not being kind, we tell them that our final authority is the bible.We put ourselves out of the truth, no one does that but us.

• satinka
    satinka

Joliette, I'm glad you are able to see through the mind-numbing JW propaganda. You deserve a pat on the back!

Now, you might wanna make some new friends...

Congratulations!

satinka

• sabastious
    sabastious

The "elder selection process" was considered very pious and that bothered me. I secretly wanted for us all to admit that we were just appointing based on our own intuitions; I hated the dishonesty.

-Sab

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This sort of thing may be the most annoying thing about a JW. When a question prefaced with this:

I have just one question for you that requires nothing more than a "Yes" or "No" answer so please don't go into a long-winded explanation for your answer because "Yes" or "No" is plenty enogh of an explanation.

Returns an answer like this:

Harold Camping is only human. He made a mistake. So did the watchtower, many years ago in 1975. That doesnt mean that this horribly immoral and death ridden world is not coming to an end. Just read revelations. It said that their will be no more sea. Thats proof enought for me that this old world is passing away!

And remember also, that God is the changer of science. Maybe the science isnt there yet. Maybe Harold got ahead of the science. That doesnt mean this world isnt going to pass away. So be on the watch!!!

It is SO annoying that they can't follow the simplest of instructions. YES or EFFIN NO for crying out loud!!! I know this is the sort of thing you were getting at, Joliette. Nice job with the JW imitation there.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It said that their will be no more sea. Thats proof enought for me that this old world is passing away!

No more sea? Is he referring to global warming or something?

-Sab

• Joliette
    Joliette

Honesty: Yes, thats very bad association. But seriously, I'm tired of reading these brainwashed status and comments, so I seriously have to start deleting some people on there.

Sabatous: Sorry about your ordeal. From the 'one channel of truth'

• Joliette
    Joliette

Sabatous, yes, according to revelations 21:1 there will be no more sea, therefore, there will be no earth, because the 1st heaven and 1st earth will pass away. (whatever the hell that means...lol)

Madsweeney: I can get some of these quotes out of my mind. Its horrible. I gotta stop listening to talks on my mp3 also. I started a thread about that a few days ago.

Santinka: Thank you darling ;)

• Joliette
    Joliette

And also, just to let you worldly christians know, jesus and jehovah are not the same thing. The evil clergery have you believing that. See, if you would just get on the narrow path to righteousness, you would understand that jesus is not god, but michael the archangel. Thats those evil satantic christian leaders making you believe that jesus is jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit