Atheist think their so damn intelligent. God revealed himself in the old testament, the hebrews still didnt believe.

by Joliette 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

LeavingWT: Thats the craziest part of it. JW's dont even realize that, when it comes down to it, thats what they believe in. God is a killer, and he's going to murder those who arent JW's. That is seriously evil.

Noroomforgeorge: I agree. I personally dont care what people believe in. Just dont put me down for what I believe in.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Unshackled I forgot about that article!!!! How JWs don't see the irony in criticizing Harold Camping and his crew, and the atheists not content to keep their thoughts to themselves is beyond the holy spirit!

"Called the new atheists, they are not content to keep their views to themselves. Rather, they are on a crusade, actively, angrily, passionately trying to persuade the religious to their point of view." – November 2010 Awake. Wow.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

Joliette, I can't help but wonder if your mother knows much about atheists. Especially since the WTS doesn't pass on much in the way of real information about us. Even if you told her about it--I'm guessing you're an atheist yourself?--would she even hear it? I doubt she'd really listen or absorb very much of it.

Of course, if she wants to tell you all about her beliefs, I'm sure you're supposed to listen devotedly or else? I have a legion of in-laws who can be the same way.

I'd be fascinated to see her prove that the laws she thinks came from God actually did, instead of just the WTS or even just the minds of the Bible's human authors. But that's just me being silly. Her 2 places to start: prove the Bible is truly God's unaltered Word and that the GB was really appointed by Jesus to rule his Earthly org. Only then can she assert her beliefs to be true about anyone elses.

Anyway, best of luck my friend. I may have JW in-laws, but at least my parents aren't JWs. That ain't fun for none of us, I think.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thanks Isaac!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well, if God can't change science, he can kill all the scientists in Armaggedon. Same difference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9uIMR8yCPg

• Joliette
    Joliette

^ intresting.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Such comments are meaningless if she presents no facts to back up her assertions.

• Joliette
    Joliette

The bible, she says, is their proof.

• NewChapter
  • JonathanH
    JonathanH

I'm pretty sure the hebrews weren't atheists though, they just engaged in worship of other gods. I don't remember many old testament scriptures of fire raining from the skies and booming voices and the israelites saying "That would've happened anyway, doesn't prove anything."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit