Apostates part from 2011 DC Symposium

by baltar447 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    They made the assertion that "Apostates" are 1-Prideful, 2-Ingrateful, 3-Impatient.

And they say it likes it a bad thing.

• dozy
    dozy

Wait a minute, did they forget to mention that we are also: mentally deranged, independent thinkers, demonized and very unhappified??

No - that would be the anointed who aren't on the GB.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

So! Nothing new here then! Same old ad hominem propaganda!

Does this remind anyone of the type of anti semetic lies from Hitler (you know, the bloke Judge Boozerford's tried 'brown nosing')?

• jgnat
    jgnat

An eighty-nine year old born-in with bad teeth (put off dentistry in favor of the new system) would be called "impatient".

• The Finger
    The Finger

They made the assertion that "Apostates" are 1-Prideful, 2-Ingrateful, 3-Impatient.

I'm not an apostate.

I believe in God like I always did and I serve him like I always did.

However. Prideful, Ingrateful and Impatient sounds like some I formerly associated with.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Why stop at #3?

How about 4-Bedwetting, 5-Puppy-kickers

• Mary
    Mary
    Why stop at #3? How about 4-Bedwetting, 5-Puppy-kickers

Now Billy, let's not bring celebrated WT Scholars into the equation......

• Reality79
    Reality79

None of which is surprising. Demonising your opponent is much more effective than trying to debate his views, especially if you don't have any ground to stand on.

This one sentence sums it up in a nutshell.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Related. . .

(This is not JW-specific.)

In Hebrews 6:4-6 and Hebrews 10:26-29 Paul makes it clear that people like me have no hope of God ever extending grace to us again:

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, f they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
    For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

These verses make it clear that apostates like me have no second chance. We have spit in the face of God, we have trampled under our feet the blood of Jesus, and we have spited the spirit of grace. We are enemies of God.

According to the Bible, since I am a unregenerate, unsaved person I have a deceitful, wicked heart. I am incapable of doing good and I am unable to love in the truest sense of the word. (because true love comes from God)

http://fallenfromgrace.net/2011/05/29/what-the-bible-says-about-apostates-like-me/

• Jomavrick
    Jomavrick

It is just sheer nonsense. The term "Apostates" is deliberately demogogued and used to create an emotional negative response in the subscribers (publishers). It is one of those terms that the the Rank and File really doesnt know what it really means, but it creates a powerful emotional response. I liken it to one of the the scenes in the movie "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers", you know when an actual sane and uninfected person is spotted by the infected alien people and they start pointing and making that horrifying sound. "Apostate"aaaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhhh (pointing).

I am not politically correct at all, but if I were - I would accuse the "Society" of using Hate Speech, derogetory terms to degrade and falesly represent innocent and good people.

Stop the Hate - WBTS!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit