Apostates part from 2011 DC Symposium

by baltar447 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• baltar447
    baltar447

I just got through listening to the part on Apostates.

They basically ignored any true questions or critisisms in favor of an ad hominem character attack on apostates.

They made the assertion that "Apostates" are 1-Prideful, 2-Ingrateful, 3-Impatient.

Anyone that's listened care to discuss the part?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well, I had to swallow an awful lot of pride to become an apostate! Impatience had nothing to do with it---if I hadn't woke up I would have waited until I died. Ungrateful? Wasn't even a concept I considered. If they just got to know us, they'd see we are a pretty good bunch!

• agonus
    agonus

And if that wasn't bad enough, apostates use propaganda!

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

None of which is surprising. Demonising your opponent is much more effective than trying to debate his views, especially if you don't have any ground to stand on.

• eruption
    eruption

I tried to listen, but that American accent !!! I thought I was listening to W . Chomsky would be a better representation of America, but unfotunately, Regan and W and spring to mind whenever i hear an American accent, Its offputting , I just cant listen to It, incidentely, what were your conclusions ?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

prideful? I had to swollow my pride to leave

Ingreatful? Of what all the lies, the time wasted...

Impatient? After all the end is so close.... no just decided to start living my life

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Agonus said: apostates use propaganda!

AND twisted reasonings!

• zoiks
    zoiks

I called it!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/forum/announcements/210605/2/2011-Let-Gods-Kingdom-Come-District-Convention-Program

One thing that won't be addressed in any detail is what 'apostates' actually say. There will be a few cherry-picked scriptures, some ad-hominems,

and maybe even a strawman 'apostate' argument.

As JonathanH said, why debate your opponent when demonising them is easier and more effective? Anything juicy about 'apostate reasoning' and such would only arouse curiosity. Can't have that happening!

• Mary
    Mary
    They made the assertion that "Apostates" are 1-Prideful, 2-Ingrateful, 3-Impatient.

Wait a minute, did they forget to mention that we are also: mentally deranged, independent thinkers, demonized and very unhappified??

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I can see Satan blinding successfully all of y'all fellas and gals.....How sad...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit