Why God cannot have existed forever.

by sleepy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Erich
    Erich

mindchild:
    As long as you have got not enough time to study my stuff, you cannot say anything.
    To say: "this is a big crap" to something what I do not understand is no approach to get familiar with it..

I do not think - if you e.g. would read "The emperor`s new cloths" of PENROSE - you could do (and understand it) in less than an hour...

JanH did - at least - understand the content of Steve Hawkings book where he wrote that there was no TIME existing before the BIG BANG.
    Congratulations...

• sleepy
    sleepy

TO THOSE WHO THINK A GOD COULD DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE.

REMEMBER THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN EVERYTHING CONCEIVABLE AND EVERYTHING POSSIBLE.
    JUST BECAUSE WE CAN CONCEIVE OF AN IDEA OR THING DOES NOT MAKE THAT THING A REALITY.
    FOR INSTANCE COULD GOD MAKE A ROCK SO HEAVY HE COULDN'T LIFT IT?
    WELL SUCH A THING IS CONCEIVABLE IN THE SENSE THAT WE CAN CONCEIVE OF THE IDEA BUT IS NOT POSSIBLE IN THE FACT THAT THE ACTUALITY DOES NOT EXIST.(As if the rock got heavier and heavier it would no longer exist as a rock)

COULD GOD MAKE A SQUARE A CIRCLE.
    WELL I CAN ASK THE QUESTION BUT EITHER SOMETHING IS A SQUARE OR IT IS A CIRCLE.
    SOME OF THE CONCEPTS YOU WOULD NEED TO APPLY TO A GOD AS DESCRIBED IN THE BIBLE MAY BE JUST IDEAS IN OUR HEAD BUT LIKE THESE UNABLE TO FIND AN EXPRESSION IN REALITY.

(How the hell did this all end up in capitals?)

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Erich maybe I should have qualified what I said with more care but thought you might like immediate feedback on what you presented. Maybe you are a misunderstood or underappreicated genuis, I don't know because I was put off reading your information for the reasons I already presented.

I actually have read both books by Hawkings and Penrose and they do require someone to invest time, as even a good book on mathematics or physics does. However both of these men are well established authors with impressive credentials...you are a complete unknown.

If your site listed some credentials as to who you are (I could see none) to establish your credibility enough to make the time investment to read what you said, that might help. If you don't have any academic background to speak of (I don't know if you do or not) then you are forced to rely upon the appeal of your introductory remarks to get someone to read further.

Might I suggest then that you prepare an introductory page that outlines some of your original ideas in a brief format, with the corresponding link to documents you have already put together?

It is sad to think that you might have some information worth reading but few people are going to take the time to print out a dozen pages of information to study carefully to try to make heads and tails of what you are talking about. It can be done of course, but who wants too without motivation?

I hope you get my point. None of this was about insulting you, just trying to get you to realize that you have a huge problem here in sharing complex ideas. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, and indeed in the past my own papers were reviewed and criticized to make them more readable and understandable. I learned if you can't handle the heat, don't be in the kitchen.

Kind regards,

Skipper

• Erich
    Erich

mindchild:
    For explanation:

This my page you read is NO DISSERTATION SCRIPT or HABILITATION or script having an allegation of official scientific research paper or similar.

This is, simply said: A PATENT DESCRIPTION.

That`s the reason for "mixing neurobiology to quantum physics in one package..." (you wrote), because THERE IS A NEED TO DO THE DESCRIPTION IN THIS WAY TO FULFILL THE US-PATENT-OFFICE`S DEMANDMENTS to get it PUBLISHED.

A genuine scientific description (understandable by all sorts of intelligent people) is on the way. But it takes time, and besides, it`s a matter of money too, because it has to be translated from German language into English and so on...

• Erich
    Erich

mindchild:
    If you think you could be of help for me sometimes, this is my e-mail-address:

[email protected]

I `d be glad to receive a message from you.

• dmouse
    dmouse

I was once disturbed by the fact that 'God felt regret' that he had made mankind and determined to destroy them in the flood. If God knows all things from beginning to end how come he didn't anticipate the mess we would get into?

I asked an elder about this and he said that God choses to exercise His powers of foreknowledge selectively, otherwise it would counteract our standing as creatures of freewill.

• sleepy
    sleepy

DM,
    Iused to believe that too.

"I asked an elder about this and he said that God choses to exercise His powers of foreknowledge selectively, otherwise it would counteract our standing as creatures of freewill."

But, If god used his powers of forknowledge to know when he should use his powers of forknowledge he must know what is going to happen.
    If he knows all the possiblities of what could happen and some of these are random(Free will)then God doesn't know everything as he doesn't know which will happen.

• gumby
    gumby

TO BELIEVE THAT HUMANS SHOULD BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND ALL THINGS IS LIKE SAYING A COMPUTOR SHOULD KNOW ALL THINGS.
    Could it be the creator did not put into the minds of people the ability to grasp this concept?

Everyone who tries to explain time and it's origin,... come's up short.

Maybe we will or will not know in this life or life down the road.

• roybatty
    roybatty

What is really fascinating is the fact that the way we understand time and the universe is fairly new. Up until Einstein, Newtonian physics explained everything. Physicists up until the late 1800’s didn’t see anything “new” on the horizon. They felt that everything about the universe could be explained with what they had already discovered and written about. Then, WHAM, Einstein and others turn things upsidedown.
    Quantum physics, particle and wave physics, etc…have radically changed how we view the universe. And now with this “cosmic foam” and parallel universe theories, wow, things are changing quick.
    I guess my point is, don’t be so sure that we’ve even scratched the surface on how the universe works.

• Erich
    Erich

I think we cannot separate religion`s wisdom from scientific knowledge.
    This is in my opinion THE GREATEST CRAP the WTS is doing in the moment.

When the bible says: "The earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the sea" (Isa 11:9)
    this means that SCIENTIFIC KNOWLEDGE must be INCLUDED !

For that reason, if the WTS wants to do REALLY the best for the human mankind, then they should make peace with all sorts of serious and provable science!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit