Why God cannot have existed forever.

by sleepy 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Hi Amccullough, yes you are right that my thought experiment about multiple Gods potentially existing doesn't disprove anything.

You can't use mathematics, chemistry, physics or other sciences directly to apply to something outside the realm of scienctific experiment and testing. You can however use metaphysics, thought experiments, and some creative thinking to look at problems and possibilites. For example, take time travel into the past and changing it...it creates so many paradoxes (remember the famous case of the time traveler going back into the past to kill his grandfather) that you can safely discount some hypothesis.

So, if you took a newborn child and somehow managed to keep it alive without any interaction from the outside world, never allowed it to have any light, sound, touch, smells, or other sensations for all its life...do you think intelligence would evolve? I don't. I don't even think such a being could stay alive. If we are created in God's image as the bible says the things that make us human, as distinguished say from a blade of grass, is our developed conciousness (which absolutely requires intelligence of some degree) and our emotional qualities. How could God develop "LOVE" "KINDNESS", etc. etc. without interactivity? How could God even have figured out how to make the universe without thoughts and knowledge. This is a much tougher problem to solve than how life got here.

Erich, I don't quite understand where you are coming from in your explanations.

Jan, you got the boredom part down good. Man oh man, being a God and living before anything else was around would sure be a bitch.

Skipper

• Erich
    Erich

sleepy:

In physical and mathematical sense, it is possible to allege a "TIME that is running backward".

So, theoretically, one could assume that BEFORE the BIG BANG in a FORMER UNIVERSE the TIME ran against our time-flow (time-arrow) and ENDED in BLACK HOLE.

So, as a consequence: End of a BLACK HOLE = new BIG BANG

Theoretically, that could have happened infinite often times...and always were a need of the existence of a teleological principle...

• Erich
    Erich

mindchild:

Erich, I don't quite understand where you are coming from in your explanations.

Study my page
    http://www.sensortime.com/time-e.html
    (An amazing new universal theory)

Maybe that can be of help for you.

• Erich
    Erich

mindchild:

So, if you took a newborn child and somehow managed to keep it alive without any interaction from the outside world, never allowed it to have any light, sound, touch, smells, or other sensations for all its life...do you think intelligence would evolve?

Yes, quite right.
    But its worse.

Such a newborn child could never perceive TIME in the same way as we.

The less the connections between its SENSORIUM and random inner and outer SIGNAL SOURCES, the less the ability to perceive TIME.

• proplog2
    proplog2

Lee Elder:

People keep mistaking faith for credulity. Credulity is the state where you want to believe and therefore you DO believe without any evidence. Faith is based on facts that have a high probability of being true and is more akin to the process of "induction". Supposedly Abraham was a man of faith...and I would be too if I could entertain actual angels.

People believe in God because they are credulous.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

To those who believe in the eternal God no proof is necessary ; to those who do not believe, there can be no proof.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Erich I hate to say this...but in looking at your website you come off immediately as a complete and total NUT!

Now that I have your attention and no doubt your blood pressure at the boiling stage, calm down a bit and reflect upon why someone would have the balls to tell you this.

First, I did not read carefully through your site as your presentation style and explanations would require well over an hour in investment and I don't see anything to suggest that it is worth that time investment. Having wrote and published scientific papers myself, I know that if you can't clearly spell out what you are saying in your abstract...you should never submit your paper.

Second, you come off with a persecution complex and write very defensively. This is counter productive to your goals in getting anyone to take you seriously.

Third, you mix religious ideology and everything from neurobiology to quantum physics in one package...it spells MENTAL DISORDER all over the place. Even worse you talk about having UNIVERSAL THEORIES on your website. DUDE, nobody is going to take you seriously with a megolomanical mindset.

Remember the objectives of a true scientist is too simplify things and make them easy to understand. Any time I see someone go out of their way to make things as complex as possible, my experience has been that they are a crank or nut case and have dillusions of grandness.

I'm not saying any of this to be mean. I know many brilliant scientists who have a big difficulty in making themselves understood but most of them take feedback from others and find a way to do just this. I hope you can find this constructive critism as motivation to do the same.

Kind Regards,

Skipper

• sleepy
    sleepy

Lets try another thought experiment.

How could a God know whether he knows everything?

If a God knows that he knows everything how does he know that he knows that he knows everything?

If a God knows that he knows that he knows everything, how does he know that he knows , that he knows.....

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

Egads, now my head hurts. I think I'll go take an Excedrin.

shimmer

Edited because I'm such a moron that I can't even figure out the damn smilies, much less the existance of God!

A sobering thought: what if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?------------Jane Wagner

• kpax
    kpax

Erich! You like Star Trek?

Kpax

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit