DFing and Dying

by IMHO 17 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

For those that still believe.

What hope is there is you die whilst you're disfellowshipped?

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

I don't still believe but I haven't been out that long. To die while one is Df'd was a pretty dire prognosis. Some would try and say that Jehovah could read their hearts and Romans 6:7 says "He who has died has been acquitted from his sins." So some tried to hope for the best, especially when it's family, but most felt to die while being DF'd was pretty much the second death.

• prophecor
    prophecor

No RESURRECTION. PERIOD

• IMHO
    IMHO

I know many believe (or believed) what has been said but it makes no sense to me.

If that were the case then those who are ressurrected (or not) would be governed by pot luck.

What if one died the day before they were disfellowshipped as opposed to the day after?

What if one died the day before they were reinstated, or the day before the elders decided that one should be?

What if one died the day before they committed the 'offence' as opposed to the day after?

As far as I'm concerned we are all imperfect. Therefore we all may die and at death our payment for sin is paid as quoted above Rom 6:7

• sizemik
    sizemik

I suspect most Witnesses don't even think that deeply IMHO . . . which in actuality (no offense here) is not having to think that deeply at all. If pressed on the matter most JW's would probably say something like . . . "Oh well, Jehovah will examine their hearts. In which case . . . why disfellowshipping? . . . or even, why Jehovah's Witnesses? . . . Just let Jehovah examine hearts! . . . everything else is unnecessary.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    I know many believe (or believed) what has been said but it makes no sense to me.

Nobody said it makes sense.

If something doesn't make sense, it doesn't mean you are stupid. It could just be nonsense.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

IMHO: As far as I'm concerned we are all imperfect. Therefore we all may die and at death our payment for sin is paid as quoted above Rom 6:7.

I agree with IMHO. According to WT theology, if the sin for which one was DFd was the result of Adamic sin (most everything is), then death pays the price and the deceased would be entitled to a resurrection (of judgement) based on the forgiveness granted by the ransom sacrifice. Christ died for sinners.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I was dis-fellowshipped for apostacy - sinning against the holy spirit!!!!!

I have aligned myself with Satan, which is cool, I will go to all the decent parties!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all bollocks and we know it! JW's are just a silly cult!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I don't believe the Watchtower's version.

No organisation = no resurrection

The truth is that everyone will be resurrected, some to eternal life and some to eternal condemnation.

• Honesty
    Honesty

That is because it is not true that if one leaves the JW cult they get no resurrection.

If that were the case then those who are ressurrected (or not) would be governed by pot luck.

What if one died the day before they were disfellowshipped as opposed to the day after?

What if one died the day before they were reinstated, or the day before the elders decided that one should be?

What if one died the day before they committed the 'offence' as opposed to the day after?

The Society's version of the resurrection is rife with error and falsehood.

As far as I'm concerned we are all imperfect. Therefore we all may die and at death our payment for sin is paid as quoted above Rom 6:7

Not true. Romans chapter 6 refers to the new life in Christ that believers begin to experience when they are born again (regenerated) (verses 1-14) and the transformation from slaves of sin to slaves of God (verses 15-23).

The WTBTS teaches a doctrine of satan that when one dies they have paid for their sins. If that were true, why did Jesus even bother to come to our world and die for our sins?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit