How to identify a JW from a distance

by Bungi Bill 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Years ago I joined the pioneers doing RVs one afternoon. Four of five of us in one car, naturally. We pulled up at a house and I was about to get out of the car and they all went, in a blind panic, "Whoa, whoa! What are you doing? Not so fast!" They wanted to sit there for 20 minutes and have a chat before they stirred themselves to get out. Multiply that for about four or five calls, plus driving, plus the waiting in the car while others go to the door ... what a farce. And they really believe THAT is what will get them through Armageddon.

• sizemik
    sizemik

LOL Mr M . . . that wasn't Spraydin was it? . . . sounds suspiciosly like the carload I used to get around in.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

They come in Costco every Sunday, after the meetings. I can tell because even the little boys will be dressed in ties. They usally wear very dowdy clothing. I saw a sister who had spiky hair, around 60. She had this ugly, cheap k-mart polyester dress on and ugly shoes. I wondered if she was a JW. Then I noticed the pantyhose. That confirmed it. I sometimes ask them if they have been to church. Others I ask where they have been all dressed up. I am always right. They carry themselves differently. It's this idea that they do not fit into the world. The world makes them feel uncomfortable and it shows. It's almost as if they have this invisible forcefield around them. I used to never notice them. I wish I still didn't. They are very depressing to behold.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

One of my favorite mile stones was the day I got all my JW clothing and gave them to Good Will. I don't know what it is exactly but YES you look like a JW when yu put on the clothing and the stupid face just is part of the look

• Podobear
    Podobear

I used to see a lot of enthusiasm and animation in the JW face... these days, most look vacant and frustrated. The new breed of JW does not seem as well trained as those a quarter of a century ago. Then, it took years of study before making a dedication and baptism...

Todays JW's seem pre packed like fast food.. kind of Ronal MacDonald without the cheezy smile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit