How to identify a JW from a distance

by Bungi Bill 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last time I saw what appeared to be witlesses in field circus was October 2009. I was pedaling to the bank when two people walked to a door, and they were "well dressed" and moving quite slowly. It took me about 20 minutes to get what I had to do done, and I got back in another section of the territory and saw them going to another door. At which point I knew there was a high probability they were witlesses--and I was not going to stop and find out for sure.

• Scott77
    Scott77

For me, it happened last year in the fall. I was reading a book at Barnes and Noble in Manchester,CT. A stalking JW obviously part of a group, betrayed himself by preparing OKM booklet while sitting besides me,thereby revealing who he was. A cursory look on his face, showed he was not even happy for what he was doing. What a shame on him! The false feelings on the part of this questionable group is that, by using readily available volunteers including children and teenagers one does not know or has encountered in the past, it will be easy for them to hide their illegal stalking behaviour without risking being caught. The JWs in particular, and their Watchtower organisation in general, are a disgrace to the very god they claim to worship or represent. I am surprised that I have learnt so much worse stuff about JWs and the Watchtower in so short a time after leaving them, in less than four years than the long time of sixteen years I have been in the organisation as a registered member.

Scott77

• william hahn
    william hahn

I feel real sorrow when i see JW in the field,i remember how much i hated disturbing people at their doors.sadly you are measured by the hours in FS at each months end.I have always thought this should just be something between you and Jehovah and not for bragging rights in the YB. Poor misguided souls.

• Scott77
    Scott77

I feel real sorrow when i see JW in the field,i remember how much i hated disturbing people at their doors.sadly you are measured by the hours in FS at each months end.I have always thought this should just be something between you and Jehovah and not for bragging rights in the YB. Poor misguided souls.

william hahn

William, I liked that statement above. Especially during weekends, I hated bothering householders in their morning sleep time. JWs who do not have a bible study are not looked on well in their ranks. The person who has more hours and bible studies are considered a good role model. My concern is with the JW kids who are dragged each week into the so called field services. Its sad. The children do not have any choice.

Scott77

• Medina
    Medina

A Bethel Member who I once acompannied in ''the work'', said to me: ''Even if this is all bollucks, and it is all fake. We still have the most healthy, and best life under the direction of the Organisation.''

I was shocked.

• Medina
    Medina

Oh and the so called ''Pioneer Walk'' is even known about members. We sometimes laughed about it and said, come let us do this street in pioneer walk!

• boyzone
    boyzone

lol! Yep, they're all the same the world over. The walk, the dress, the words. They're not called Borg drones for nothin'

• sizemik
    sizemik
    So seven JW's at 6 AM get three+ hours of recruiting in and probably talk to one person each, but that one person probably has spoken to them many times before. That's twenty-one unproductive hours right there.

I recall spending afternoons with a carload of fellow pioneers doing RV's. Two would do a door while four stayed in the car. We would get through about four or five visits (inc NH's) in an afternoon, with the traditional cofee break thrown in. Sometimes I would not even have one of my own RV's in the area to call on, so would "accompany" someone else on one, maybe two doors. Often it would involve a social call on someone's BS. 3-4 hours "witnessing" for piss-all. How easy it seemed to "fool ourselves" into thinking we were doing something meaningful.

It's a bit embarrasing now to see how obvious the "pioneer shuffle" appears to outside observers. It is indeed sad to see those still living the illusion.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They gather in the main terminal at Port Authority in New York (buses) and at Philadelphia's commuter train station. The conversation they have is so engrossing that there is NO contact with anyone else. If someone wanted to purchase any of the displayed lit, one would need a train whistle to break through their conversation. It is not small talk. They are in a bubble.

This is so typical. A few years ago I caught the local train near my home. This women started some conversational gambits. She seemed very polished and educated for a Witness. I told her in no uncertain terms that I studied the Bible consecutively and found lies. The total lack of love also repelled me. She wrote me a handwritten letter offering me the great opportunity to study with her. I trotted my academic courses on NT- no avail. She annoyed me on one level but I admired her social graces and the way she sought every opportunity to subtly convert me. No one sends me handwritten letters anymore. It was personalized, too, in content.

The Bethelites stand out as weirdos in Brooklyn and Manhattan. It just isn't even the hoardes. I can almost always tell individual ones. Their dress isn't too outlandish. I feel their is body language.

• ambersun
    ambersun

I had that pioneer slow shuffle walk off to a fine art, yet whenever I was out shopping or doing something else other than fs, people found it hard to keep up with me and kept asking me to slow down

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit