False Stories

by Maze 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Essan
    Essan

Hows this for a blatantly False story Maze?

"In the May 1, 1988 Watchtower, on page 22, a Witness, Matsue Ishii, recalls her first encounter with the Bible Students in 1928: At the back of our house in Tojo-cho, Osaka, there was a house with a sign: "Osaka Branch of the International Bible Students Association." Assuming it to be a Christian group, I visited the house. "Do you believe in the second advent of the Lord?" I asked the young man who came to the door. "Christ's second advent was realized in 1914," he answered. In astonishment, I told him that was impossible. "You should read this book," he said, handing me The Harp of God.

Yet, what does it say about this in The Harp of God? Beginning on page 235: This date, therefore, when understood, would certainly fix the time when the Lord is due at this second appearing. Applying the same rule, then, of a day for a year, 1335 days after 539 A.D. brings us to 1874 A.D., at which time according to Biblical chronology, the Lord's second presence is due. . . . The searcher for truth can find an extensive treatment of this question in Volumes 2 and 3 of Studies in the Scriptures .

Another long-time faithful Witness, Jack H. Nathan, recalls his first meeting with the Bible Students: After the war ended in 1918, there was no work available in England, so I rejoined the army and went off to India as part of the peacetime garrison. In May 1920 the malaria flared up again, and I was sent up into the hills to recuperate. There I read all the books I could get my hands on, including the Bible. Reading the Scriptures intensified my interest in the Lord's return. Months later, down in Kanpur, I started a Bible study group, hoping to learn more about the Lord's return. It was there that I met Fredrick James, a former British soldier who was now a zealous Bible Student. He explained to me that Jesus had been present since 1914, invisible to man. This was the most thrilling news I had ever heard." --The Watchtower, 1 September 1990, page 11 This fellow's recollection is also not supported by the Society's doctrinal history. His own account placed his experience in or about the year 1920, more than a decade before the Society switched their official doctrine of 1874 to 1914."

(jwfacts)

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

To Maze:

I am an author on JWB (www.JehovahsWitnessBlog.com). I also published the article you speak of.

Just so that you know, there was a lot of that story that I didn't publish as we were told not to disclose all the facts, in fear that others would understand who the family is and the repercussions that would carry with it.

I find in painfully ignorant on your behalf that you parade this story as false. Get to know your cult properly. Speak to ones that have had their lives completely shattered by this organisation, then ask yourself if these poor souls are also lying.

Maze, a reality check is needed my dear.

Regards,
    Teeny Pyjamas

• Honesty
    Honesty

Don't feed the TROLL.

• metatron
    metatron

My daughter was molested by an elder's son. The elders lied about it and covered it up. Later, the elder/father of the son zealously hunted down my daughter and had her df'd. Then he pretty much admitted that he lied about the molestation.

All these facts were carefully explained to the Watchtower Society in detail. They did nothing.

It's a harmful, corrupt cult, period, end of story.

As an elder, rejecting your kids and sending them packing, if they reject the "Truth" is so common, I don't know how you can deny it. And I sat in on an elder's meeting in which we removed an MS for allowing his df'd son to live with him after the son's personal life fell apart.

Can't you just feel the love?

metatron

• pirata
    pirata

Maze, as Spade you said you don't believe in a higher power and that your wife was studying with Jehovah's Witnesses.

As spade you mentioned you have been associated with witnesses for 30 years and that you are defending your religion.

Did you become a Jehovah's Witness quite recently, or are you still associated (ie non-baptized)? Or are we all wrong in assuming that the Spade alias was also yours?

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    Maze, as Spade you said you don't believe in a higher power and that your wife was studying with Jehovah's Witnesses.As spade you mentioned you have been associated with witnesses for 30 years and that you are defending your religion.

Must be a JW then, talking out both sides of their mouth lol

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

False stories are a ploy of the arch deceiver, Satan, who uses religious lies and godless myths to sidetrack unsuspecting ones. Paul’s counsel is clear: Do not pay attention to false stories!

I always find it ironic and perhaps humorous that religious cults like the JWS make these kinds of announcements when they themselves are ( the )

easily identifiable false teachers or false disingenuous story tellers.

The biggest and most easily identifiable commercialized lie by the WTS/JWS being Christ's return in 1914.

Another known religious charlatan Jack Van Impe recently pointed out in his Sunday TV preaching lambasted Harold Camping as a disingenuous

charlatan fraud, which is quite laughable being that Jack Van Impe has been making End Time Prophesies by using the bible for quite some time now

selling books and DVDs on the subject, making millions $$$

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby
    Another known religious charlatan Jack Van Impe recently pointed out in his Sunday TV preaching lambasted Harold Camping as a disingenuous charlatan fraud, which is quite laughable being that Jack Van Impe has been making End Time Prophesies by using the bible for quite some time now selling books and DVDs on the subject, making millions $$$

Hello, Pot? This is the Kettle...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Hello, Pot? This is the Kettle...

Was thinking the same thing when writing that post

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Funny Thread..

Maze has posted under multiple names:

Rachel/AliceInWonderland/Confearacy/Spade/Superspook/Maze..

And..

Has claimed to be both Male and Female..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit