New understanding of 144.000

by Newborn 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Hi ya'll !

Haven't been posting in a loooong time and perhaps this has already been discussed but I've heard that they're coming with a new understanding of the 144.000. That it should be taken symbolically and NOT literally!?

I guess they have to change it since so many more apparently belongs to the anointed ones....

Well I hope this will make a few of them think and leave.

thx

Newborn

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Your source?

• cantleave
    cantleave

If that happens it could be the straw that breaks the camels back. I can't see it happening though - but then this is the WT$!

• carla
    carla

Can anyone confirm this?

• Newborn
    Newborn

it was mention, on a site same as this one, here in Sweden...not sure abt its accuracy though...

Guess it would be major if it's true...

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

op may be refering to the aug wt where they say the number of memorial partakers doesnt matter.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I doubt they are ready to swing the door open further. As the latest WT talks about the partakers possibly being disturbed or mistaken from Christendom, I think they will just say that Jehovah knows who is anointed and basically, the only ones we can be sure of are on the Governing Body. "Just listen to the FDS on the Governing Body and you will be fine."

• Room 215
    Room 215

no way... its' the GB's foundation of their power

• Newborn
    Newborn

no it does seem un-likely that they would dare to change this...

thanks, wanted to double check here with you guys

• Chalam
    Chalam

"no way... its' the GB's foundation of their power"

Agreed.

Matthew 23:13-15

English Standard Version (ESV)

13 "But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut the kingdom of heaven in people’s faces. For you neither enter yourselves nor allow those who would enter to go in. 15 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you travel across sea and land to make a single proselyte, and when he becomes a proselyte, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit