The Watchtower Penitentiary

by stuckinamovement 33 Replies latest jw friends

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

BTT,

Miz, these guys like Mercante and Loesch have done enough damage to themselves devoting their entire life to a man made organization. Sure some of them are corrupt and cowards, but in a way I can see that they need to semi-sincerely believe the doctrine even if it is not true, just to emotionally salvage their wasted life.

I mean it is tough enough for me to look back at the last 30 something years of my life and think, "SIAM you have wasted half of your years on earth." I can't imagine the thoughts that run through their heads as they look back at 70+ years devoted to a lie. Many of them will die childless and without any friends that they can truly be open and honest with. They are truly alone in their delusions. That is punishement enough. It is too bad they continue to perpetuate the falsehood.

SIAM

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

SIAM, the thing I don't get though is why force their will upon the rest of us? If they NEED to believe in this, why do they NEED us to believe in it too at the cost of us wasting our lives, losing our minds, or damaging our families? I swear I'll never understand it man, I've never been so arrogant and inhumane in my belief system that I'd force it upon someone else to damage their families or cause death. They fulfill Paul's words at 2 Timothy 3 about not being reasonable and not being open to agreement. They're taking their punishment and inflicting it upon the rest of us. If Mercante believes there's something special about David Splane, well good for him. The two of the them can 69 each other in the elevator and call it macaroni, and I won't say anything. But they just want to force their belief system on the rest us, and as a born-in its especially irritating. I feel like Malcom X when he said, "We didn't land on Plymoth Rock, Plymoth Rock landed on us!" I feel the same way about this religion, "we didn't land on the Watchtower, the Watchtower landed on us!" Can I get a amen?

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Amen brother

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    SIAM, the thing I don't get though is why force their will upon the rest of us?

They actually believe the WT theology. They want you to survive Armageddon. They view your survival (and their own survival) as being more important than your freedom.

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

bump for those new ones stuck in the penitentiary

• ziddina
    ziddina

Hey, stuck...

How are you doing??

• creativhoney
    creativhoney
    What is funny about it is, the cell doors were never locked, we just were told that they were.

so true. once i realised the elders werent police and the consequenses of df didnt end my life - ie I awoke the next day and things hadnt changed much, I wondered why I had not done it earlier.

THE ELDERS ARE NOT POLICE - YOU WILL NOT GO TO JAIL! YOU WILL GET OUT OF JAIL!

• vangogh
    vangogh

What a marvelous post SIAM, thoughts are with you.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I read your powerful and satisfying post to my wife this morning. She knows how I feel and listens more and more to snippets from JWN and JWFact.

I fantacised with her about using a talk slot on the platform to say exeactly how I feel and why I feel it. I would love to stand up and be counted. You have my vote SIAM.

Good Luck.

• clarity
    clarity

A great thread ......................for those who haven't read it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit