The Watchtower Penitentiary

by stuckinamovement 33 Replies latest jw friends

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

SIAM:

So I have determined to speak out against the wrong doctrines and practices that I see. I know that this will result in damage to both me and the ones I love. However, as a born-in who has been taught from infancy, I have always felt that it is important to take a stand for what is right, even if it means a great loss. So for me personally, I am breaking out of this prison that I have been born into. Soon I will be able to introduce myself in real life. Life is too short to allow yourself to be forever imprisoned mentally and physically by an organization that is based on a fallacy.

Before you pull the plug, please get back from the JWs any items that they may have borrowed. Further, wrap up any financial dealings, if possible. Once you are an 'apostate', these people have official backing and support to "hate" you. They will seek creative ways to do so. Don't, for a second, think you'll be treated as a DF'd adulterer or smoker -- someone they wish will come back. You will be hated. Make your practical plans accordingly.

• undercover
    undercover

What is funny about it is, the cell doors were never locked, we just were told that they were. However, there are many of us who even though we are released from our solitary cells, continue to roam the corridors of the penitentiary waiting for the moment when we can walk out as free men and women.

When I first read that I couldn't help but think of a recent "Game of Thrones" episode where the imp, Tyrion was thrown in a prison cell. The door was locked but the back wall was completely open - open to a drop of several hundred feet. The prison cells were built into the side of "The Wall", if you know anything about the books or TV show.

Tyrian was free to leave whenever. Problem was, there was only one way out. Down and to his death.

While a JW's options are not that severe, there are some similarities. You, me, any one of the JWs is free to leave at any time. Just like you said - The cell isn't locked. The problem is that when you take that option to walk out by DAing yourself or make it clear that you want no part of the religion, you're going to face hardships. Just as Tyrian could gain freedom by jumping out, it was most assured he would not live to enjoy his freedom. Anyone who wishes to leave JWs in an abrupt and vocal way will also have to jump...but with a different kind of an assurance. They can be assured that they will be hated. Not just people you thought were friends, but your own flesh and blood. You could very well lose your family. While not death, it is a painful and difficult thing to deal with. Something that stays with you.

For some, that jump is necessary to survive. They have to take their chance at that jump. Better to face that then to die in the prison cell.

Others however manage to survive by escaping the cell (using your metaphor now) yet wander the halls, never looking for the main exit. They're free of the confining space of the cell but still have to watch out for guards and snipers. Some are willing to face this situation for a time in order to hopefully help a family member or friend escape their cell and join them in leaving out the front door.

And then there's the Great Escape crowd (yet another detour in metaphors). Digging tunnels out and when done, they'll disappear into the normal population and hope to not be detected as they escape from the country altogether. The Nazis will know the next morning that there was an escape, but hopefully it's too late for them to get organized enough to round them up and bring them back. Most faders who attempt this do have a success rate much better than Steve McQueen. JW elders aren't quite as persistent as Nazi prison camp commanders. Personally, I've come out of the tunnel, avoided the Nazis and have boarded the train for Switzerland.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Good thread, powerful post too SIAM. I'm a fan of True Crime, something about the underworld fascinates me and I researched quite a bit on prison and legendary jailhouse legends. I've had friends who've done time and even though some had crazy stories, they all had the general consensus that the hardest part about doing time was the boredom. Every day the same ol, same ol, repetative, monotonous cycle that just never ends till you come home. Matter fact about a month ago after the Thursday meeting, I stopped in CVS to grab some things and ran into an old friend I haven't seen in several years. He did some time and right before his conviction I had seen him and dropped him off at his aunt's or mom's place, I can't recall. He did his time and I heard he came home and was all about the Lord per a mutual friend that I ran into occasionally. Well low and behold that night after the meeting and I'm in CVS, this solidly built dude with dredlocks walks past me, and I gave him the obligatory-wsup-head-nod. I took two steps and then turned around like, "Rob?" We slapped hands and did the man-hug thing. He was rounder with a low haircut before he went away. Now he's buff with dredlocks, and true to what I heard, he's all about Jesus LOL. We talked for like an hour and he relayed to me his experiences behind bars, and just like everybody else I've known that did time, he said the hardest part is the boredom. He was telling me about dudes breaking down emotionally as not everybody is strong enough mentally to do years behind bars. He admitted to me that he cried some days trying to get through it.

Its amazing how this religion is so similar to being in prison. Being a JW is like being punished, but even worse as a born-in, its like being wrongfully convicted of a crime you didn't commit!!! I've got a lot of resentment about being born into this cancer of a religion. I've missed out on a lot of things in my life, and I owe that to this religion. I ain't getting any younger, and even this morning at work in the bathroom as I was washing my hands, I looked up in the mirror and noticed that one of the hairs underneath my bottom lip is grey. It really stands out too!!! My hair is thinning and it doesn't take me as long to shave it all off. Never thought I'd be in my early thirties working full time in this system of things. Knowing that my situation in life could have been a lot worse, helps me keep my head up and have a sense of humor about it all. I could have cancer, or have been a harleyquin baby. Still somedays are worse than others.

You know what, and I know some of you won't agree with what I'm about to type but this is how I feel. Some days I want to go up to Bethel and kill as many of the big-wigs up there that I can. To illustrate, there's an inmate on death row in California named Paul "Rosco" Tuilaepa. Years ago while in prison, he and a few other inmates somehow got from where they were caged at and got into an area where they would have had an oppurtunity to harm correctional officers had it not been for the tower gunner. Rosco was interviewed after the event, and he clarified their intent. He stated that the plan wasn't to escape but rather to kill as many officers as they could. I swear to some degree, I can relate to that. Somebody needs to pay for this. I can't say that I'd be entirely sorry if something happened to the higher ups in Bethel. I think about guys like Jaracz, and Mercante, amongst others, and I get irritated. So many have unnecesarily died over erronous mandated beliefs, and so many families broken up over this relgion. It's not right and how they sleep at night I'll never understand.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Aptly put stuckinamovement, as is your moniker. Somewhere inside, what we know, we don't, what we don't know, we do, thus many wander the halls living wasted lives.

Watchtower Penitentiary, never thought of it that way. Tragedy is, even a regular publisher knows you cannot up and leave when you wish, without suffering penalties. A lie they tell converts. A born in knows better, another sad thing to carry round, as you shuffle round and round the hallways.

Wish you well on your personnel venture.

Before you pull the plug, please get back from the JWs any items that they may have borrowed. Further, wrap up any financial dealings, if possible. Once you are an 'apostate', these people have official backing and support to "hate" you. They will seek creative ways to do so. Don't, for a second, think you'll be treated as a DF'd adulterer or smoker -- someone they wish will come back. You will be hated. Make your practical plans accordingly......leavingwt....solid advice and VERY true about being hated.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Somebody needs to pay for this. I can't say that I'd be entirely sorry if something happened to the higher ups in Bethel. I think about guys like Jaracz, and Mercante, amongst others, and I get irritated.

Miz, the higher ups are paying for what they've done and continue to do everytime a jw leaves, goes on with their lives and help others to do the same.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

Miz, the higher ups are paying for what they've done and continue to do everytime a jw leaves, goes on with their lives and help others to do the same.

I hear ya Jamie, but that's not good enough for me. Sometimes I feel like blood needs to be spilled. I said feel as opposed to believe because I'm going largely off of emotions, but in the name of justice and reperations, they owe a lot of people and families. To be honest financial restitution doesn't 100% cut it. I feel that heads need to roll, and I mean that literally.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Excellent post,I've been wandering the corridors for some times now,but every now and then,I step outside of it,and freedom is calling!

But, this describes it all perfectly.

• jakeyen
    jakeyen

well written SIAM

i hope someday i could do it too

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great post, SIAM.

Miz, I feel you but the perps are already dead. The current bunch are just boneheads like we used to be, only with more authority. Seriously, I think the bureaucracy of the Borg collective is now the evil and almost every individual is just a victim. (sure, there are probably a handful of a-holes but they're indistinguishable from the true believers)

• jeckle
    jeckle

Dude I mean this as encouragement.

A little preface I've turned the other cheek personally long enough. So when i left which has been recently I don't mince words with them I give every attempt to be polite but I will not and do not take their $#!T.I will not live a lie and when i realised what it was I was done. But I feel you brother. But I got a little something in me that will give it right back to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit