Kingdom Hall Librarys : Can you still Veiw Older Publications ?eg:Russells,Rutherfords books ?? or even books from the ~50s

by smiddy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Smiddy:

Many years ago I donated an very old WT book to the KH library. I lady I studied with didn't want it anymore so she gave it to me. I read a little of it and found it verbose and obscure and it was like night and day compared to the religion's modern literature. However, I decided it would be a nice gesture to donate it to the KH library so that others could read it. Well, guess what happened to my book?? It did a disappearing act. I suspect it had a date with the incinerator or a shredder.

The religion simply does not want older publications around because they are a major embarrassment to them.

• blondie
    blondie

More likely someone saw its value and took it home to their own library. I was in charge of the library in one congregation and I took home all the best copies of the duplicate older publications I did not have in my own library. One original I took, Pastor Russell's Sermons.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Blondie:

Possibly you are right and I would like to think that. I would hate to think somebody destroyed it. But, it was never seen again and I always wondered.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Nearly all the old books are available either on line or on CD's as PDF's. I have a whole box full.

I swiped a load from the KH library of the ones they had 2 of with permission from the CoBE. I sold them on Ebay and put the money to 'apostate' causes.

The dubs won't read the old books even if they are in the libraries because they are so weighed down with new litter-trash, meetings and FS. They aint got the time.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

The Kingdom Hall I attended years ago received their Library from a "anointed member". I recall looking through the 7 Volume watchtower reprints

dating the watchtowers from 1879 - 1919,along with the Studies in the Scriptures,Rutherford's Rainbow and treaties,Consolations and early

Awakes,ect... It got me into collecting books until I amassed a sizable library. Years later I donated a lot to a new Kingdom Hall. The rest I later sold ,

once I left "da troof". I was always fascinated with the late Golden Ages and Consolations , with their anti-Catholic cartoons. I thought alot of the cartoons were very graphic for the younger ones .

• trillaz
    trillaz

It is not an internet myth. Some halls have purges especially before or after rebuilds.

• Alfred
    Alfred

No one ever had time in my KH to look up anything in the "library" (old or new) since the back room would always be occupied by elders and a spiritually weak brother or sister in the hot seat...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit