Kingdom Hall Librarys : Can you still Veiw Older Publications ?eg:Russells,Rutherfords books ?? or even books from the ~50s

by smiddy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m just curious if such books as "Life Everlasting in freedom of the Sons Of God " " Let your Will Be Done On Earth" etc. are still available in the kingdom Hall libraries and if they are then that should be a wake up call to all jehovah`s witnesses.

If they are not then that should be an even bigger wake up call to all jehovah`s witnesses

The bible has never been altered in 2000 years under the direction of Holy Spirit

The interpretation of the the Holy Scriptures is constantly changing under the direction of the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses

If the older publications/books/phamplets/brochures/leafletes etc. are not available,is that not an admission that they were wrong?

Why take them out of circulation if they contained the Truth ?

Getting back to the Bible it has not been changed,but witness interpretation is constantly changing

smiddy

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Yes you can. Only in new congregations they might not have books like studies in the scriptures, but the longer the congregation exist the larger the library should be.

• moshe
    moshe

It going to be hard to find much from Russell's time period, but in the KH's I have been in over the last 20 years I have seen plenty of Rutherford era stuff.

• blondie
    blondie

I went to a congregation that was started in the 1920's. They had quite a lot of Russell's books, the watchtowers bound back to 1920, golden ages, consolations, all the books, an old portable phonograph used door to door, a testimony card. Newer congregations were instructed to see if someone older could donate their library. Secretaries in each congregation are instructed to make sure that every year, the new releases are put in the library.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    If the older publications/books/phamplets/brochures/leafletes etc. are not available,is that not an admission that they were wrong?

This subject has popped up more than once.

Nobody has ever presented any evidence that retro WT materials should be removed from KH libraries.

If your KH has a pathetic library, it either never had a good one, or someone on the BOE has gone beyond instructions from the bOrg.

Visitors to Bethel libraries I have spoken to have seen early Russell literature in them.

• koolaid-man
    koolaid-man

Keep your old Watchtower publications , they speak volumes! They are also becoming collectors items.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1dxggHbTX8

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Of course, if you aren't a member of the congregation and want to walk into the KH library and start researching older pubs, they will probably want to know why.

• cofty
    cofty

It was reading Russells and Rutherfords' books for myself that convinced me how pathetic the organisation was

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Yes,my hall has a lot of Russell's old books,pyramids and all. lol. It's funny that it shows his original calculation of 606 B.C.E. and someone marked in red ink beside it,607 B.C.E.

• pirata
    pirata

Older halls will usually have them. Newer halls usually get them when an older brother/sister dies and leaves their books behind. I speak for North American English speaking halls. I can't imagine African and Asian halls, for example, would have much of a local supply to draw from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit