Kingdom Hall Librarys : Can you still Veiw Older Publications ?eg:Russells,Rutherfords books ?? or even books from the ~50s

by smiddy 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Wasn't there a request for cong to get rid of their libraries? Too many people were reading them

edited to add that most of Russell's and Rutherford's books are available free online as pdfs

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Of course, if you aren't a member of the congregation and want to walk into the KH library and start researching older pubs, they will probably want to know why.

Oh, so that means when I am visiting my Mother-in-law's congregation and going through their library, I have to be discreet.

Got it.

Well, yes, it does have the older literature including Studies in the Scriptures and The Harp of God. It confirms that what I was finding on the Internet was indeed in their literature.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Thank you for those comments folks,it`s been 18yrs since I was last in a kingdom hall.

And when I was still active before that time I did read some old books myself such as" The Harp of God"",Jehovah",and" Riches" to name a few,and I still rationalised it as being the" truth"

They certainly are masters of indoctrination

Since finding this site 3 yrs.ago my knowledge of the WTB&TS has grown tremendously.

smiddy

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

My old congo had literature from the late 1800s in it. Falling apart but they did have it.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

putting together a collection would be pretty expensive (I paid like $200 for studies in the scriptures volumes 1-3) .. the only real way would be a local donation, as mentioned, from a elderly famikly passing away..

• ziddina
    ziddina

Gooooood question...

When I was a kid, I walked into the library of the Kingdom Hall my family had attended for years.

One of Rutherford's books, "Children", caught my eye.

I picked it up and began to read it, when it was rudely snatched out of my hands by one of the elders - or whatever they called them pre-1975...

Seems that they didn't want me to read the old stuff...

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Cofty I was fortunate enough to have Booze Jo books and Russel's at my dad's library...

As far as I know they don't keep before 1970 publications....they are apostate teachings!!! Soon they will keep only the last 15 years

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Wasn't there a request for cong to get rid of their libraries? Too many people were reading them

It's an internet myth.

Mention it to a Dub and they can use it to trash your character, and you can't produce any evidence to show they are out of order to do so.

• St George of England
    St George of England

The old publications serve a very useful purpose - they keep the dust off the shelves!

I can honestly say in all the years I have been in this congregation I have NEVER seen anyone use the library other than to heat a pasty in the microwave.

George

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I have been around K Halls for more than 50 years. Believe me, the KH libraries don't get much hammer. I have never seen anyone pick up a book ancient or modern.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit