Whatever Happened to The Kingdom Interlinear Translation of the Greek Scriptures?

by Chalam 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moshe
    moshe

Rare- try and find one of the little blue Truth books!- 99.9999% of them have been recyled by now I imagine.

-

• cantleave
    cantleave

I had no idea they had stopped printing them.

I am proud to say I have no JW litertrash - it has all been trashed. I don't care how rare it becomes, it is all sh*t!

• Violia
    Violia

I have the 1985 version, just found it. I probably did own the 1969 version at one time but threw most of my books out.I just kept some from my parents, some of the really older books.

Is there a vast difference in the 69 /85 version? one that warrants buying it?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Probably not.

The main thing with the KIT is you get a proper translation direct from Greek to English, unlike the NWT which is twisted and corrupt.

• pirata
    pirata

The 1985 version of the KIT can still be ordered through your local kingdom hall. Not many know about it, so not many order it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emphatic_Diaglott can also be ordered through the local kingdom hall.

• Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98
    I have a copy of the KIT. 
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Why am I surprised they have discarded the KI Translation Of The Christian Greek Scriptures ,

Havent they discarded almost  every publication ,  if not all ,  they ever published in the 19th and 20th century ?

If not totally discarded then certainly revised beyond any recognition of the original publication.

In contrast the BIBLE in the hands of Jewish , Catholic , and Church Of England scholars has remained virtually unchanged for 2000 years 

On the other hand 

The changes that have been made to the " interpretation"  of scripture by the WTB&TS /Jehovahs Witnesses in their less than 140 year history is astounding .

What is true today is not what was true yesterday

What is true today is not what will be true tomorrow

What is true tomorrow will not be what is true today.

All of which is validated by their past history of less than 140 years.

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

I now regret getting rid of my Aid book and my Kingdom Interlinear book and even my green book "Your Will Be Done On Earth "

I could have had so much fun with those books.

smiddy

• 20years_to_get_free
    20years_to_get_free
    This is the first time I have ever regretted discarding all my JW books.  My brother is opening his mind slowly, and the KIT I used to own would have assisted him a great deal.
  • Bobcat
    Bobcat

Here is a link to the 1969 KIT that still works. It takes a minute or two to load.

Bobcat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit