Hello, Hi and Heys! I'm new

by PinkPajamasx 41 Replies latest jw friends

• CAMELOT
    CAMELOT

Welcome from one Newbie to another! It's hard when it comes to family at times..but I guess the really care but tired of waiting for you to become one of them maybe. Thankfully you never made that choice. Sorry to hear about your daughter, I wish you and your husband the best!

CAMELOT

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"lol, I thanked her a few days later and she said they were not there to celebrate but to eat only."

Funny, men at strip clubs say the same thing! LOL.

My mother-in-law (ex-JW study) said her biggest regret was not giving her kids birthday parties.

Skeeter

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I've only read your opening post and not any further responses. (I will get to it tomorrow or sooner.) Welcome to the forum.

JW's are indeed a dangerous mind-control cult. Watch your back, help your husband. Be careful that your in-laws don't indoctrinate your children. As far as "trusting" the priest, it's fine to go to him but consider letting your kids make up their own minds when they are older about religion, as it seems you did yourself.

Horror movies are just entertainment, but if you had any kind of breakdowns, I sort of recommend that you consider avoiding them when your husband is gone. Just my thought on that.

The standard answer for some like your husband (and you) to most JW problems is that you need to read some books. Here's the short list that will change your husband's life:

CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE by Raymond Franz
    COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL and RELEASING THE BONDS: EMPOWERING PEOPLE TO THINK FOR THEMSELVES both by Steven Hassan
    If you are really up to more:
    IN SEARCH OF CHRISTIAN FREEDOM by Raymond Franz
    CAPTIVES OF A CONCEPT by Don Cameron

Google them and you will find them. Some might be in your public library.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Welcome it struck me how far reaching that CULT can be. Neither of you were baptised but it still effects your life. You sound like a great Mom.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

A big warm welcome from Wales Pink x

Your story had me close to tears, Im so sorry for your loss, and the awfuls things that were said at the time of her passing.

We are a mixed bag here, all with our own stories and experiences...you are not alone. Just wanted you to know that. Its a pleasure to know you.

PAULA x

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

Mr. Falcon has offered you his friendship and alliance.

Will you accept? <Y/N>

• Quandry
    Quandry

Didn't see your post earlier and also wanted to welcome you to the forum.

So glad your husband came back safe and sound.

Please stay around and read much about us.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Hey Pink PJs, welcome! Well I am glad your hubby is questioning this stuff and I am glad he is not baptized. I sure hope he doesn't do something silly like that. JWs like to prey on people who are vulnerable. My parents decided to dedicate themselves after we kids grew up. It's been a tough go. My Mom is dead now and my Dad has dementia so he can no longer function as a JW. But he still believes the lie.

I am sorry to hear about your baby who passed away. Life can be tough sometimes but it is good to focus on the positive things like your wonderful family. Stay strong and listen to your heart.

• PinkPajamasx
    PinkPajamasx

Sorry I haven't responded in awhile though I have been on this forum daily. My computer crashed and was using my iPhone. Thanks all for the wonderful welcome and of course Mr. Falcon, YES!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit