How Exciting Is Your Life?

by 1975 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

I came out of early retirement boredom and took a new job in a different country. Making lot's of money, many new friends, and love my new job experience. Things are exciting and I'm having a blast.

Think About It

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Pretty darn good!

as a Jw i was frequently depressed

these days i have a 1979 model wife, have a good relationship with my kids, live in an old farm house in the country with lots of land, have the biggest shed i have ever had, free time to sculpt and build my hotrod. Self employed from home restoring classic corvettes for others.

We live a very happy and harmonious life we two...

oz

• sizemik
    sizemik

We've had a few ups and downs since leaving the cult 6 years ago. I got smacked in the chops by a mental breakdown . . . came on pretty hard and fast and has taken until recently to get on top of. In the last year we've also had to deal with a couple of major Earthquakes which killed some friends and all but destroyed the city in which I live. Over 900 buildings in the CBD await demolition. But the mental illness did hasten my fade.

In spite of all that . . . life right now is surprisingly good . . . like a field of flowers compared to JW life. I have had heaps more time to spend with my family. My wife and I have more fun in each others company. I have much more time now with my three sons, 16, 19 and 23. We spend lot's of time working on their motorsport interests together . . . and we all play music together.

When I began "studying" 30 years ago I was in the final stages of completing my pilot's licence. I am now resuming that interest as well as embarking on a new business venture with my eldest son which is really exciting. I'm very optimistic now and see so many things in a much more positive light than I ever did as a JW . . . in spite of the "wonderful future" I no longer entertain. It's good to be living a reality rather than an illusion.

• clarity
    clarity

".....a time to weep and a time to laugh....and skip about"(ecc 3:1-8)

Well, my life at the moment is about as exciting as watching paint dry! But.....

I am still able to laugh because as sizemik says

. It's good to be living a reality rather than an illusion"

Soon I'll get to the skipping about part .........yeeesssssss!

clarity

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If my life was any more exciting, I'd be comatose.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

The first 10 yrs after leaving the wt, I spent catching up 20 yrs wasted in a paranoid cult. It was a wild ride!!! Now I continue travelling overseas every 6 months and get to music festivals when I can (went to one last weekend) but have cut the more dangerous parts out. Actually, I just walked in from dancing around a fire to loud music with good friends next door. To be honest, I need some excitement in my life,as it keeps me young in my spirit. That is why being a jw nearly killed me. I was suffocating in the mediocrity.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

My life is going along very well. I have a good job, though not always happy with that, but that's working in the corporate world for you...most of the time anyway. I have a few really good friends in my life, I have love, I have trips that I can plan, I can sleep in when it's cold, I have family I love. I have got absolutely nothing to complain about. I have my health. I do not have any drama. Some may think what is so exciting about my life....I'm free to do whatever I want.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit