Resigned

by Franklin Massey 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Congratulations. You made the right decision.

• Franklin Massey
    Franklin Massey

I made the decision to step down a while back but didn't really know if I wanted to announce it on this public forum or not. Then I read this post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/210866/1/Another-Elder

It reminded me of why I joined this forum in the first place. There are many JWs with doubts and questions. Due to the high control of information within the Org, many have nowhere to voice their concerns. Although each individual must decide for themselves which course to take, there is something to be said about a shared experience. There is also strength in numbers. If someone is questioning their role in the JW Org, and their search leads them here, I want them to see that many of their sisters, brothers, pioneers, servants and elders have questions and concerns too. That may just give them the edge they need to break free from the mental shackles that bind so many in the Org. Each person deserves to know the whole truth. What they decide to do with what they learn is up to them.

I would also like to acknowledge those who called me out as a hypocrite when I first joined the board. I thought I could stay in a high role of service and somehow be a source of balance and refreshment to those who were being weighed down by the pressures of conformity and never-ending increased service to the Org. That plan wore me out quickly and caused more mental and emotional turmoil than it was worth. In retrospect, I feel like I wanted to use the "power" of my position for some sort of good. But it was hypocritical to pose as one thing while secretly harboring my own plans behind the scenes. That brings no good to anyone. So for those who felt that I was living a lie and should step down...I was...and I did.

• Maze
    Maze

If you've been an elder all this time, can you copy and paste your last talk... please?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, we wanted it all to be true, but alas, it isn't.

How can a person just pretend and go through the motions while dying inside? Eventually it has to come to a halt. I don't know if you will be attempting a fade so that you can still have your family, and that is for you to decide. Whatever course you take, we wish you the best.

• william hahn
    william hahn

Good for you taking a realistic view of yourself and your religion.

Theres so much pressure on appointed brothers, i was an MS and i got flogged to almost death so some elders could take it a bit easier.I resigned rather than be sacked.

That just started the slide to them undermining my family and eventually disfellowshipping me.My advice walk away with pride.

"Everones entitled to my opinion"lol but here goes:

No one fades from JW ,in them your just a shadow of what you could be.Step out and you take on a solid form ,one that you control and has limitless potential.

• DavinciCodeBreaker
    DavinciCodeBreaker

I am in the exact situation as you including being a 'born-in with lots of family and friends in the Org'. It is very liberating to finally be freed from the enslavement of the WT. I am very happy for you, keep us posted on how the "fade-out" goes. I am trying the same thing-very slowly.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

FM

I was just thinking about you today. Mabye it's me, but I haven't noticed you posting as much lately. Kudos for having the courage to do what is likely in your best interests.

I'm struggling with the possibility of stepping down as a Servant (though I'm sure it's not as controverisal), and am not sure how to go about it in a delicate way, so as to avoid a heap of questioning and Shepherding Calls afterward.

Best wishes to you. I hope you have inner peace and satisfaction after your decision, and that your happiness continues.

If I knew you, and lived close, I'd invite you out for a beer!

• godrulz
    godrulz

I commend you for your honesty and integrity. God is leading you out, but wants you to come to know and worship Him in spirit and in truth (Jn. 4:24). You have been part of an empty, false cult, but that does not mean that there is not true relationship with God and biblical churches that do not control and abuse. Many core WT beliefs and practices are wrong, so you will need to find a credible version (not NWT) of the Bible and prayerfully seek the Living God. There will also be need for healing and wholeness, a process that will take time. Guard your attitude lest you get bitter towards God and Christianity (which are true despite your experience in a pseudo-Christian group started recently in history by Russell; cf. LDS/Joseph Smith).

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I wanted everything I believed as a JW to be right.

I can soooo relate to this. The final year I was a JW, I wanted the JWs to be right but everything was pointing to the other way.

Congratulations on your resignation. It takes a lot of guts to do this, and I admire your courage and dignity in doing this.

• CAMELOT
    CAMELOT

No doubt that had to have been difficult for you to do...all will be watching you and wondering why...be cautious because you don't want to have regrets that you will have to live a lifetime with. I applaud you on your courage. I just sent in my letter last week and I am losing my youngest child who is a young adult in the organization.

Best wishes Franklin,

Camelot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit