Everything In The Universe Was Created By Absolutely Nothing.

by Philadelphia Ponos 97 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Everything In The Universe Was Created By Absolutely Nothing.
    Ak-Jeff God wasn't created. God isn't subject to the laws of time that we're subject to. Similar to how a person (hypothetically) living on the moon isn't subject to the laws of physics on planet earth.

Two points: Big Bang theory does not say that everything was created by absolutely nothing - it proposes that everything came from a singularity. Physics law is the same on the moon as it is on the earth. Conditions are different, but the laws of physics are the same. To quote physicist Wolfgang Pauli, this thread (sadly) is not even wrong.

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

How do you KNOW there was NOTHING before the big bang? Isn't God SOMETHING?

Phil, please define "something." Saying God can make something from nothing is saying it is possible for something to come from nothing.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos
    So really the big bang is a theory that everything that ever existed was always in existence just in a different form.

Most subscribers to the Big Bang Theory don't believe matter and energy exsisted eternally. With a statement like that I don't see how you can argue against the exsistance of God.

You on the other hand say that God poofed everything into existence from thin air. Not even re-arranging materials but simply out of nothing God created everything.

No I don't believe that at all. The Bible states God formed man out of the ground. Obviously by using many different compounds found in the earth. I don't know if you were being sarcastic but I don't know anyone who believes God created anything from "thin air".

God created EVERYTHING from NOTHING.

Oh. You were eager to use this line so that's why you falsely stated that I believed God created everything from thin air. Meh. I'll give you an E for effort.

• bohm
    bohm

PP:

Something can't come from nothing that's a proven fact.

where does zero-point oscilations in hard vacuum come from?

Most subscribers to the Big Bang Theory don't believe matter and energy exsisted eternally.

what is the total energy content of the universe? (hint 1: gravity is negative. hint 2: space is flat).

finally, can something which is not God "exist eternally" the same way god can? why or why not?

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

I don't recall a scientist EVER saying the universe came from nothing? Matter may have existed as energy before the big bang (due to the conservation of mass-energy), the energy may have become mass, the mass becomes infinitely dense, it goes bang, the universe as we know it is born.

I believe a more detailed and explained version of what I just said is written in the book "Atheist Universe". It's only a hypothesis at this point but that doesn't mean that just because we don't know something that we need a god of the gaps to fill it in. You see, the difference between religion and science is...

Religion: We don't know, god did it.

Science: We don't know, we will actively search and study until we do.

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos

[Deleted]

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

This is the purest example of an oxymoron. Repeat this sentence over and over again and you will realize why it's impossible for some people to accept the Big Bang model.

That's not the Big Bang model.

Similar to how a person (hypothetically) living on the moon isn't subject to the laws of physics on planet earth.

Actually, the laws the govern the universe are the same everywhere we have observed them.

Through out all of human history, no one has ever witnessed something being created out of nothing.

How do you know? Have you spoken to everyone who ever lived?

• Philadelphia Ponos
    Philadelphia Ponos
    Religion: We don't know, god did it.
    Science: We don't know, we will actively search and study until we do.

Why are these two statements exclusive? Can't someone believe God created the earth and actively search and study how it was done?

• Pika_Chu
    Pika_Chu

@Bohm: the simple answer is that, yes, GOD=NOTHING!!! There's no way around that...

@Phil: if it's so impossible for something to come from nothing (and this isn't even what most atheists believe happened), then it is impossible for God to exist, because, apparently he come from freaking NOWHERE! Isn't something existing eternally essentially the same thing as coming from nowhere? Nowhere is not a place. In fact, it is the very abscence of a place. Therefore, something coming from nothing has either always been in existence or never been. If there is no point of origin, there cannot be a beginning ANYWAY. Where did God come from? Nothing? Always been here? Then why can't we concede that the universe has always been here, if it came from NOTHING, like you are insisting?

• FifthOfNovember
    FifthOfNovember

Of course, and people have done that. What did they find? "The earth was created 6,000 years ago, god did it." But the only research they did to come to that conclusion was read a book that also mentions how a talking snake and a fruit that two people ate is the reason we die. But I'll give some credit to the religions that realize they can't argue with the evidence anymore and accept that the Earth is 4.6 billion years old.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit